Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Centermounted antenna on Convertible
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lars B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

Found these pics on the webb, and the Antenna got me interrested.

Any info about it would be apriciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

Maybe Hirshmann. I like the moulding lights.

Here you go. https://www.thesamba.com/vw//classifieds/detail.php?id=1947278
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

Stay away from center mount antennas on vert's , the roof will hit the antenna when opening and closing top
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

The Stand-off support bracket In those pictures is about 3-5" long, twice as long as the common ones offered today. It should change the angle of the antenna allowing the top to close?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

vwovalguy wrote:
The Stand-off support bracket In those pictures is about 3-5" long, twice as long as the common ones offered today. It should change the angle of the antenna allowing the top to close?

Mike your are 100% correct, so if you did decide to install the center mount be sure to have the correct upper mount
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

Crap! That is cool! I have a center mount antennae NOS in the box waiting to possibly be used on my project 1957 Kabriolett, but I don't think I have that thin and longer center mount bracket for the Kabriolett. I wish someone would repro it, but I do know a few talented fabricators, maybe I can get one of those guys to fab up one of those brackets for my Kab?

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
Crap! That is cool! I have a center mount antennae NOS in the box waiting to possibly be used on my project 1957 Kabriolett, but I don't think I have that thin and longer center mount bracket for the Kabriolett. I wish someone would repro it, but I do know a few talented fabricators, maybe I can get one of those guys to fab up one of those brackets for my Kab?

Bill

Put me down for one, I have a 57 also. I’ve never seen a mount like that either.

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Centermounted antenna on Convertible Reply with quote

I wonder if someone with a 3D printer could cobble a couple of these up easy-peasy out of some sturdy plastic. Looks like a simple design, All we would need then is some sort of gasket between the bracket and the windshield crossbar.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: