Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1956 shift rod
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: 1956 shift rod Reply with quote

The rear shift rod has one hole for the set screw on one end and two on the other end(opposite each other). Which end goes to the front ? Thanks
2017 Jetta TSI
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1956 shift rod Reply with quote

5657 wrote:
The rear shift rod has one hole for the set screw on one end and two on the other end(opposite each other). Which end goes to the front ? Thanks

From memory, both ends should have one divot for the set screw, so it could go either way round.

But...

I'd take a guess that you have/had a bug hockey stick in the gearbox. They have the divot on the top (the set screw is accessed from inside the car).

To use a bug hockey stick on a bus, either the hockey stick or the shift rod has to be drilled on the other side (180º from the factory hole) so the two set screws are on the same side and can be wired together across the coupler.

If that's the case, the end with two holes would go at the gearbox end.

I had a bug hockey stick and was going to use it in place of the worn bus hockey stick on my truck, until I read on here about the holes and realised I'd need to drill it.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: