Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on..
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

I figured I would check in with everyone that has been following my threads...Finally got test results.. and basically I have a bunch of disk issues with c3-4 moderate right,severe left foraminal narrowing
c5-6 severe bilateral foraminal narrowing

and.. got a plugged up vein on right leg.. that all ready has 1 stent left has 1 stent also

So basically my right arm has gone south on me and right leg is locking up when i walk for a bit.. so I have been taking it easy and when i feel like it been working on 3d printer.. I see a judge the 15th of dec for ssi... and pray i get it so i can get medicaid and can take care of some of these ...other then that.. hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy new year..
see ya in the funny pages..
Greg
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

keep up the good spirit and get well. I know both can be difficult at times..

rest, heal and continue the fight to good health.
best wishes and Happy holidays..

Dan in NY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

I am trying.. screwed up part is right arm/hand going numb and tingling.. and im right handed.. so its fu up.. lol
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

I hear ya, nuthing more frustrating than learning to wipe with the other hand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Wow!

Wishing you the best and that a degree of healing will take place!
It's gotta be tough losing physical capability. I know it only through the getting old process, but it is minor in comparison to your toubles.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Dr thinks nerve injection might do the trick.. but i have to be sedated... as my mind will shut my body down if i get stuck in the TRUNK of my body.. such as getting shot in ass or something or nerve shot like i had years ago.. i will pass out.. Had rabies when 5 years old.. took bunch of people to hold me down till i litterly passed out.. so its a deep seeded mental issues lol.. i can have blood drawn and take shot in arm.. but trunk of body. no.. so.... hopefully.. in time i can get that done.. leg thing.. this would be the 4th time for procedure on legs and it sucks.. but im a tough ol coot.. but damn sick of the pain..
Thanks for the well wishes everyone..
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Wish you well too, Jet.

So two stents? and you are risk for DVTs - did the doc mention an umbrella too - Filter?

Well take it easy, man. Wish can help you do some lifting, but distance and all.

I had shoulder pains last year and it was recommended those shots. BUt I declined - just some other meds and no heavy lifting for few. My shoulder healed. I do my best not to overdo it and risk injury.

Take care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

TY... yea .. I am taking it as easy as i can for awhile.. im no hurry on any of the projects anyway.. engine blocks still in room..lol
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Watch those stents. They'll move on you.

Stay away from the pain meds. I've seen and heard to many stories of good folks getting turned upside down.

You need to stop lifting things. I got a wench and attached it to the rafters to help me. Take it easy on your back. You've only got one.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:
Watch those stents. They'll move on you.

Stay away from the pain meds. I've seen and heard to many stories of good folks getting turned upside down.

You need to stop lifting things. I got a wench and attached it to the rafters to help me. Take it easy on your back. You've only got one.

lost my only sis to pain meds.. she got hooked after car wreck.. and mother broke her back and got hooked on till she got a morphine pump put in... I do not take pain pills but on rare occasion.. and yea .. no lifting.. but still have things that have to be done.. and nobody to help with.. so i do things slow and easy..
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

I used to lift a whole longblock off the table onto the floor. STopped doing that.

Middle-aged and all, we gotta save ourselves for later. Laughing
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:

I got a wench and attached it to the rafters to help me. Take it easy.

I like that idea, maybe I need a wench too. Petite, mid twenties.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
kawfee wrote:

I got a wench and attached it to the rafters to help me. Take it easy.

I like that idea, maybe I need a wench too. Petite, mid twenties.

The rafters seems inconvenient. Maybe a post of some kind. Or even the closet.
I like quick easy access to my wench, but hey, whatever works for you.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

crap jet boy you sound about like me!!! getter done when you can. and take care.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
crap jet boy you sound about like me!!! getter done when you can. and take care.

ty Mark.. yea im trying.. I did get 3d printer working tho.. but got massive y axis issues.. but thats easy work physically.. just draining me mentally having to learn G code...
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

here is link to short vid of printer https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Z5iIfEAl9dQTtGl1BTd5rVEfXlynjOu9g

and another
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c5UnjwnOAc4i-FaolWtEk6N75NAV8jry
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

on ebay there is some programs for about $24 that automaticaly converts simple to g code. I was looking at it today. Ive never programed G code...and dont want to learn either. I was gald to see those., just look up 3 axis cnc simple to g code and that should get you to it.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
on ebay there is some programs for about $24 that automaticaly converts simple to g code. I was looking at it today. Ive never programed G code...and dont want to learn either. I was gald to see those., just look up 3 axis cnc simple to g code and that should get you to it.

found it.. thanks
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

mainly it marlin I am having to learn how to deal with.. and enough about G code to get it to do what I need.. but.. I will get it right sooner or later.. right now.. issue is getting glass to lay free on the rollers and keep in step.. shelf liner on both rollers and bottom of glass I think is what I will end up using..
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Mark... sourceforge has it for free.. just google same thing.. first hit was link to it
77 mb..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: