Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on..
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Please take this as just an expression of concern from another VW enthusiast...

Quote:
lost my only sis to pain meds.. she got hooked after car wreck.. and mother broke her back and got hooked on till she got a morphine pump put in...

There is mounting evidence that addictive tendencies may be genetic. I am NOT saying that you will get addicted all I am suggesting is that you might be more likely due to your genetics. So some extra caution may be warranted. Talk to your doctor about your family history and do not take pain meds from your primary care doc.

Lots of alternatives out there like acupuncture, meditation and even yoga.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
Please take this as just an expression of concern from another VW enthusiast...

Quote:
lost my only sis to pain meds.. she got hooked after car wreck.. and mother broke her back and got hooked on till she got a morphine pump put in...

There is mounting evidence that addictive tendencies may be genetic. I am NOT saying that you will get addicted all I am suggesting is that you might be more likely due to your genetics. So some extra caution may be warranted. Talk to your doctor about your family history and do not take pain meds from your primary care doc.

Lots of alternatives out there like acupuncture, meditation and even yoga.

Yes I know..why I do not take them but once in a blue moon.. but one day its going to be a need to take daily or get operated on..or sumthin
Ty for speaking up about it..
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Hope things are better now that weather is warmer (not here though) would love to see video of this jet boat's maiden voyage Good luck man
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

You've been quiet..... hoping all is well!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

got denied disability.. been bummed..filing apeal.. been working on 3d printer.. got it going now changing a few things on it.. Jet boat is shelved for now till things get better..
thanks for checking up on me Dave..
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Updated with vid Reply with quote

well.. I was praying I would get disability as I have so many things wrong with me .. its not that I can not do things.. its WHEN my body allows me due to the amount of pain.. in feet.. ankles.. legs.. lower back neck.. massive fatigue and insomnia ... 3 sever pinched nerves.. 2 in neck one in lower back.. but I do keep trying to make something of myself and survive.. It was the insurance from disability i was praying for so I could get some of these things fixed.. but o well .. its on appeal.. ok so enough of the pity party.. lol

So.. here is a short vid of the 3d printer i made... feel free to comment on it....
https://youtu.be/6U7klEcCfcQ
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

I've heard it is worth the money to hire a disability lawyer to help you file for SSI disability.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
I've heard it is worth the money to hire a disability lawyer to help you file for SSI disability.

I have one.. free one ... I have literally been fuked up since around feb 2006 when I have a near death experience violent reaction to bactrim.. everything changed that day..
I get a free one because.. I am also a 30 year survivor of hiv... yep.. you read that right..
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Friend of mine filed for SS disability he had to hire the attorney and it still took over two years. I remember him telling me everyone gets denied first time around. Once it started he was paid back to when he applied minus legal fees but what a shame they make it so hard on people to obtain benefits from something they’ve paid into all their lives.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Figured Id let ya'll know whats going on.. Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Friend of mine filed for SS disability he had to hire the attorney and it still took over two years. I remember him telling me everyone gets denied first time around. Once it started he was paid back to when he applied minus legal fees but what a shame they make it so hard on people to obtain benefits from something they’ve paid into all their lives.

sad part is.. I just want to get FIXED.. and then go back to makein money and not worry about breaking down.. i feel like a robot with screwed up parts and some idiot on a throne is deciding who get new parts who gets used and who gets shit... .
my main issue.. dependability .. who is going to hire someone in my condition ... i would not hire myself.. period.. but.. I do try..to make what i can with my mind and hands daily
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: