Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

help won't start
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
slammed sickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

the bus is in overall good shape just needs some metal work below the windshield and the rear corners but I got it for. a set of tires so I can't complain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

just tossing this in as an FYI..

there's a VW shop over in Port Angeles
2357 E Hwy 101, Port Angeles, WA 98362 (360) 452-4890
www.petersensautomotive.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slammed sickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

I've been to tinkering with cars for 10 years or so now would rather work on them myself. but thanks for the Info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slammed sickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

well I've got it running but it's still sputtering it started our running pretty good actually even idled but then it started running like crap again any ideas there?
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

If you haven't done so, add a bottle of FI cleaner to a full tank of gas and also add a quart of upper cylinder wall lube, like Marvel Mystery Oil, 2 cycle oil, or just synthetic motor oil to your full tank. Any of my engines that sit from more than a couple of months get this treatment when going back into service.
slammed sickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

I've added some.FI cleaner but just about 1/4 bottle beings I haven't been able to get it to the gas station to fill the tank. I drained what has i could out of it but I'm sure there was some left in there. I added about 3 or so gallons after that. I've messed with timing over and over thinking that was the problem but I don't think that's the case now.
slammed sickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: help won't start Reply with quote

so I think I have a fuel problem. I pulled the filter to change it and there was rust gas coming out.. so next weekend I'm going to pull the tank and see what looks like. also probably gonna go ahead and put new injectors and fuel lines in as well
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: