Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

kit registration
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyrkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: kit registration Reply with quote

I have a 1952 mg replica that im trying to get the title in my name but they say it must have marta testing first but this car has no emission components .I live in Tennessee has any one else had this issue if so what did you do to get it registered.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

Might find some help/relief here...

https://www.semasan.com/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_TN.pdf

Besure you are trying to register it as a replica (older than 1974) not a 2019 NEW build...

http://www.nashvilleclerk.com/motor-vehicles/emissions-testing/

Don't know if this is your county or not...BUT....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

So is this new build by you or was it registered in another state? For my CMC replica Speedster, I have both the donor VW title for chassis/engine and a Certificate of Origin (COO) for the fiberglass body (from CMC in Miami, FL). I also have a stack of receipts for parts I've purchased. My plan is to register it using the '71 VW title. Some states may require a Special Construction Build registration. FL does check the VIN/Chassis number against the title before issuing a new title.
bobbyrkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

its titled as 1981 assembled
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

bobbyrkey wrote:
its titled as 1981 assembled

What are numbers on engine... If you have numbers on engine that prove it is a 74 or earlier you may argue its is mistakenly registered as a 81 and engine is 74 and parlor earlier and is smog exempt... What is on title and what is on engine are two different things (specifications)...

You may need to go higher in your DMV dept to get resolution...

I had a SMOG issue on one engine because BAR test machine misidentified engine as gross polluter needs to be taken off road, and I went up to the chain till I got it resolved by person whop actually understood the problem....

IT should be registered as a 52 Replica and not a 81 assembled...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

Registration questions come up often. The requirements vary state to state. Sometimes within a state they vary depending on when a buggy was built. It would be great if we could create some type of state by state threads of user help to navigating the process. 50+ sticky threads would be too much, but a single thread would still have navigation issues. Still, I wonder if we couldn't come up with a way to make the relevent information more available for those who visit.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: kit registration Reply with quote

HA - IT should be registered as a 52 Replica and not a 81 assembled... or the year of the donor car (using the VW Chassis/VIN).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: