Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi Sportster Solex Carb 30/31 New Pics.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Solex Carb 30/31 New Pics. Reply with quote

Hello, its actually a little metal screen. I am not sure why its like that but I guess the last owner took it off road. Empi has been running with that for last 11 yrs.

thanks
tony
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Solex Carb 30/31 New Pics. Reply with quote

Did you notice the float bowl breather tube is crimped shut?
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Solex Carb 30/31 New Pics. Reply with quote

Looks good man, mine has the 30/31 on it but its the after market one. Had mine rebuilt when the engine was put on, I found that it was stumbling alittle on take off and when you would want to speed up after you were in 4th.
Had my mechanic check all the jets and take them to the specs that was found in some of the threads on here. After that it still was stumbleing. He looked at the tube that sprays gas and it didnt seem like it was spraying like it should. So he took it down and found this little check ball stuck after that was corrected it ran like a champ. I laughed cause I had to learn it again on take off letting out the clutch and giving it the gas. Also I had one of those Speed wheel gas pedals put in man that thing is nice SO SMOOTH, I had to learn how to handle that to.
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Empi Sportster Solex Carb 30/31 New Pics. Reply with quote

HELLO ALL,
HAD TO DO SOME MAJOR CLEANING OF CARB, I AM HAVING RUST ISSUES IN TANK.
HERE IS THE BREAK DOWN OF PARTS FROM CARB.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I hope this helps you guys. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: