Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bitcoin
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

More than that. It has inherent value. It is needed big time in electronics, chemistry, medicine, pharmaceuticals, jewelry, as well as money.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMoney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

And don't forget inherent value in 40's era transportation technology that will survive the 'upcoming' NK EMP detonation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

37% down today. OOpps.....

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Yeah but cardano is up to $0.64... I was gonna buy 100 when it was $0.11.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Yeah but cardano is up to $0.64... I was gonna buy 100 when it was $0.11.
You should play the Market for $100-500? You might be a good stock picker! I've made good money but turned around and lost it later, so I'm out of the Market these days. Rolling Eyes
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

I'm in Mike, got 1000 pieces of tron. Hoping it hits a dollar by March or April to get a bus.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

I've got bitcoin, litecoin and ripple. I'll ride them until they're below ground. If by chance, they actually make a positive run, I'll hold them.

FU#3
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

stopped trading before price jumped and now price is high to enter the market again. for those who don't trade invest by few hundred dollars anytime you can with any price it is. wait for price jump and then make the profit to buy more parts Very Happy
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Link

John Oliver does a great job explaining cryptocurrencies and all the BS hype.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Sorry, British wanker comedians do not qualify as financial analysts. And US regulatory schemes are minor bumps in the global acceptance of this revolution. The Asian markets are the ones to watch.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Sorry, British wanker comedians do not qualify as financial analysts. And US regulatory schemes are minor bumps in the global acceptance of this revolution. The Asian markets are the ones to watch.

He's an American citizen who uses acerbic comedy in his analysis of various current events. Your use of the word "revolution" is noted in Mr. Oliver's analysis for what it is -- a flim-flam scam.

Bitcoin is past the Mania Phase of the Gertner's Hype Cycle.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do what you want. But remember, during the California Gold Rush of 1849 the people who made the most money weren't the miners. It was the people who sold the mining equipment. Just like today, where GPUs are now in short supply.
gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

It's interesting to note how young Chinese have been swayed away from the generations long tradition of investing in gold, to investing in Asian markets, crypto, or unsellable vacant apartment complexes. Meanwhile, metals values are hammered down via short selling 100x the volume of existing metals.

The public has been brainwashed (over the past 2-3 generations) into thinking paper, digital, and now crypto are true measures of wealth, while they're all just set ups for further fleecing. Those with the largest super computer will win that game.
'87 Syncro GL 2.5
https://guardtransaxle.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:

He's an American citizen who uses acerbic comedy in his analysis of various current events. Your use of the word "revolution" is noted in Mr. Oliver's analysis for what it is -- a flim-flam scam.

Bitcoin is past the Mania Phase of the Gertner's Hype Cycle.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do what you want. But remember, during the California Gold Rush of 1849 the people who made the most money weren't the miners. It was the people who sold the mining equipment. Just like today, where GPUs are now in short supply.

Great show, wife and I never miss an episode except when some shitty old man tried to sue him from having an opinion. Glad he’s back.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Arizona legislation has cleared the state senate to allow payment of taxes in crypto. It is expected to be signed into law. The Bell curve graph in no way mirrors the actual step-saw growth of this third wave of technological innovation ( 1st wave was web-sites, 2nd wave was social media ). JP Morgan just disclosed that they see crypto as a threat to their profit ( they are required to do this by law ) and market position. This is not going away and has nothing to do with selling shovels to miners ( now selling gaming chips to crypto miners may be a decent comparison, that phenomenon is killing Moore's Law ).
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

What's the difference between paying in crypto, or stocks? So in essence, our government can 'play the market' with our tax money? Especially something with no intrinsic value, like crypto? My .02.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
this third wave of technological innovation ( 1st wave was web-sites, 2nd wave was social media ).

I guess you mean the 3rd wave of the Internet but I disagree it will be comparable to the first 2 you mentioned.

I could be mistaken but I believe the the first wave of technological innovation is considered the industrial revolution.

Maybe the 3rd wave of money usage or payment methods?
I don't know anything about monetary waves, if that's a thing.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

The 3 wave analysis is not mine , it has been derived from much better minds ( Thomas Friedman, Max Kieser etc. ). It is in reference to internet technologies , not tech over all ( First wave being the wheel ?? ). The crypto third wave analysis presumes a seamless transaction highway of verifiable encryption ( there are some details that still need resolved ). Thus parties can transact business, store data that can not be altered, and communicate with a level of veracity that far exceeds any current platform. The blockchain will usher in a modern era that removes the harm of lying and misinformation in many arenas. Faster "everything" and interconnected "everything" demands these abilities. No crystal ball required, this is basic observation of the evolving world. These needs are not well served by governmental organs or the existing market structure. In fact they currently provide the opposite ( "Qualitative Easing" , stock buy backs, massive banking fraud ..need I go on?).
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Ok, not Bitcoin alone but crypto/blockchain, I can understand that is a larger thing than Bitcoin itself.

Manfred58sc wrote:
3 wave analysis is not mine

Can you post a link for me to read?

If I google "third wave of technological innovation" or "third wave of internet innovation" nothing comes up related to crypto.

With some other searches, I do see people saying we are in the 2nd wave of Blockchain technologies. The 3rd or 4th wave seems to be similar to what you stated above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Cashless society will be ushered in at the same time 'blockchain' becomes the norm.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Here is a good overview how why and why this topic is hard to define, Max is a bit of a goof-ball ( but he has serious credibility, look at his background ).

He has other vids, one of which describes the 3 wave analogy ( I'll post it when I find it ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNgnQWwyxI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: