Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bitcoin
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

This is a strong analysis of where we are going in the near future. No direct mention of crypto ( he is a skeptic in fact ), but he certainly has strong credibility as a forecaster. Crypto is the only platform that can meet these realities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAJJxfm9bE
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

these days
Bit Coin Price is fluctuating around 300$-500$ growth. is a good time to buy for those who work by high amounts. doing scalping method in this market condition would be profitable.
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Since price jumped up and more crypto currencies are getting more popular, I hear a lot of people want to know how they can join block chain. This post is for those want to start it or just started recently.
If you don’t want to invest your money to trade or …. The best and easiest way is mining by your lap top or PC. It depends which software you choose and the specifications of your lap top like CPU, graphic card and … . In my opinion to get the best software is to try different softwares to realize which one works better. Each software has its own options and features from showing online traffic, CPU temp…
If you are a beginner or just started to mine crypto you can try desktop mining software. This software is easiest software to mine which I found so far. It doesn’t show much details but the process to log in and start mining is easy. You just download the software from the link below:

Desktop Mining Software

And install it on your lap top, key in your email address and choose a password, mark the instant log in box and you start mining automatically after your login. Choose your CPU usage and other options and let your lap top mine those small amounts while working with your lap top. And finally you can cash out through PAYPAL,, monero,litecoin,IOTA,Ethereum,Ripple. I mostly do trade on and for mining I just use this software on my lap top to mine.
Good luck baby boomers 
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

So-called bitcoin mining is a hot topic of in the cryptocurrency world.

That’s chiefly because of the rising electricity costs associated with creating new digital coins.

Lately, miners have flocked to Iceland, known for its relatively moderate climate and the abundance of hydropower. In fact, bitcoin mining energy consumption is set to exceed private consumption, an energy expert told the BBC. And according to the Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index, global energy usage of all bitcoin mining already is equivalent to the power uptake of the country of Denmark, with a population of 5.7 million, and will eventually approach Bangladesh, a country of 163 million people.

In search of cost savings, cryptocurrency miners traverse the globe to take advantage of cheaper energy. Those virtual miners perform a crucial function within the blockchain, or the decentralized ledger technology that underpins most cryptocurrencies, by solving complex problems to validate transactions on the network, In exchange for this function, which powers miners are rewarded with bitcoins.

However, because bitcoin’s protocol operates on a proof-of-work basis—meaning it requires an expenditure of computing power—both the power and difficulty of problems increase as miners approach the maximum number of bitcoin’s meant to exist at 21 million. Currently, there are about 16.9 million bitcoins in existence.

The desire to succeed from doing nothing is accelerating.

Good luck, millenials.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Very helpful, Thanks!!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

So, how's that Bitcoin retirement strategy going?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

It worked out great! I retired off the backs of some tree huggers who didn't want to work, and thought they could just 'mine' money. Leaving my V8 luxury car idling at the curb while I hand out NRA pamphlets at church. Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

This thread was started in December, 2017.

Looks pretty bad if you bought at that time.

$16,700 around then to $6,700 now. Ooops!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

The very fact that the "value" is measured in dollars ( or any other currency) reflects a basic lack of understanding in both the original intent and the evolved store of value. This is a seamless combination of: 1-means of exchange 2- store of value 3- communication that is transparent. The global forum requires and will reward its continuing use. Look into the financial development of rail,telegraph,cars. All panned by the masses and promoted by the visionaries. Our personal opinions on "value" and which generation of users it appeals to is of little use in understanding this advancement.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

"Personal opinions of value". Lol. You'd still be 'broke'. As in shit-out-of-luck. In any language.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
So-called bitcoin mining is a hot topic of in the cryptocurrency world.

That’s chiefly because of the rising electricity costs associated with creating new digital coins.

Lately, miners have flocked to Iceland, known for its relatively moderate climate and the abundance of hydropower. In fact, bitcoin mining energy consumption is set to exceed private consumption, an energy expert told the BBC. And according to the Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index, global energy usage of all bitcoin mining already is equivalent to the power uptake of the country of Denmark, with a population of 5.7 million, and will eventually approach Bangladesh, a country of 163 million people.

In search of cost savings, cryptocurrency miners traverse the globe to take advantage of cheaper energy. Those virtual miners perform a crucial function within the blockchain, or the decentralized ledger technology that underpins most cryptocurrencies, by solving complex problems to validate transactions on the network, In exchange for this function, which powers miners are rewarded with bitcoins.

However, because bitcoin’s protocol operates on a proof-of-work basis—meaning it requires an expenditure of computing power—both the power and difficulty of problems increase as miners approach the maximum number of bitcoin’s meant to exist at 21 million. Currently, there are about 16.9 million bitcoins in existence.

The desire to succeed from doing nothing is accelerating.

Good luck, millenials.

The best quote I have heard in a long time...."The desire to succeed from doing nothing is accelerating"
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

As machines and computing power replace the need for traditional human " work" it is understandable citizens would want to advance their financial position in new ways. This society must come to grips with this profound change and its financial evolution ( as it has done many times before ) . Don't be the person making buggy whips in the age of self driving cars.

It is unfair to label the new generation as "lazy" when the rules of the game have changed. Who would want to take on wages below any commonly accepted measure of minimal existence, especially when that position will be replaced by a kiosk.

Again, how we "feel" about this matters not, its here and growing every day.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

HODL!
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

I've got 3 mining rigs in the basement. They've paid for themselves and are continuing to produce.

FU#3
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Lol.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
As machines and computing power replace the need for traditional human " work" it is understandable citizens would want to advance their financial position in new ways. This society must come to grips with this profound change and its financial evolution ( as it has done many times before ) . Don't be the person making buggy whips in the age of self driving cars.

It is unfair to label the new generation as "lazy" when the rules of the game have changed. Who would want to take on wages below any commonly accepted measure of minimal existence, especially when that position will be replaced by a kiosk.

Again, how we "feel" about this matters not, its here and growing every day.

I think they are lazy
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
The very fact that the "value" is measured in dollars ( or any other currency) reflects a basic lack of understanding in both the original intent and the evolved store of value. This is a seamless combination of: 1-means of exchange 2- store of value 3- communication that is transparent. The global forum requires and will reward its continuing use. Look into the financial development of rail,telegraph,cars. All panned by the masses and promoted by the visionaries. Our personal opinions on "value" and which generation of users it appeals to is of little use in understanding this advancement.

You have the truth embedded in this statement, but I don't think you see it. You denigrate dollars (or any other currency), while describing cryptocurrency as a currency. To wit, a currency provides: 1-means of exchange 2- store of value 3- communication that is transparent.

"Means of exchange" just means I can sell my chickens for the currency, and use the currency to buy goats, instead of having to try to barter with a guy who has goats that may not need chickens. What transaction have you attempted with dollars that wasn't satisfactory?

"Store of value" means there is confidence that if I accept your currency, I can hold it and use it in the future for a transaction of similar value. The value of Bitcoin has gone from a few pounds of chicken to 19,000 pounds of chicken back down to 6,000 pounds of chicken. Hoping for a "greater fool" to come along is hardly a store of value.

"Communication that is transparent" is a big one. It seems a perceived advantage of cryptocurrency is that it is hidden from governmental oversight. There have been hacks of cryptocurrency exchanges, and people's coins have been stolen. There is no FDIC, no appeal to the authorities, no recourse. The money is simply gone. So cryptocurrency is less safe for an average person who wants to have a means of exchange and store of value, and more attractive to a person who wants to engage in illegal activities and launder money. How do you think that is going to go? Do you think people will trust their savings where it can be stolen without a trace, and its future value is based not on what the government says, but what the next anonymous buyer thinks? Do you think governments will allow money laundering, and that they don't have the capability to stop it? When extortionist hackers demand Bitcoin, because it has the advantage of untraceability, and Costco prefers dollars, because it is traceable and seamless, which would you rather hold?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Randomly saw this thread today when doing a search so felt like posting an update.

Today:
1 Bitcoin = 9,366.95 United States Dollar

Good return if you bought at $6,700 and wanted to sell now
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Randomly saw this thread today when doing a search so felt like posting an update.

Today:
1 Bitcoin = 9,366.95 United States Dollar

Good return if you bought at $6,700 and wanted to sell now

This is very optimistic!

The glass is a quarter full, better than empty, right?

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bitcoin Reply with quote

Yawn... as I predicted. Again, valuations in terms of dollars is the weakest metric one can employ. Much more interesting is the number of transactions and the coins left to be mined. Strong interest globally that shows no sign of slowing. Wyoming is now actively seeking to be the crypto center of the US. Significant?? Oh yea, Wyoming created the LLC which has radically transformed business.

Kioskization of exchange will open the door to ever more amounts of fraud. This has already been answered by crypto based kiosks to provide a shield. I've seen them and used them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: