Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eberspacher B2 in a 356?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Eberspacher B2 in a 356? Reply with quote

There have been several ePay ads that state they have a B2 Eberspacher gas heater that was installed in a 356. Ive asked the sellers several times to produce the evidence of this install to no avail.

Now Porsche did install a BN4 in a 356 but as far as I know not a B2. You can however put a B2 in a Porsche, but Im looking for Porsche or Eberspacher evidence that it was an approved available thing by them and not a shade tree mechanic install.

Anyone have any information?

This is a B2 Eberspacher gas heater. Installed in VWs as far back as the early 50's. Used in a 12 form well into the 70's.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is a BN4 in a Porsche.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Eberspacher B2 in a 356? Reply with quote

Do you have the old heater from the 356? If so you could measure the heaters. If this is a new install, it wont be original and will affect value of car, plus you will need all the seals, gas lines, wiring, etc.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eberspacher B2 in a 356? Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
Do you have the old heater from the 356? If so you could measure the heaters. If this is a new install, it wont be original and will affect value of car, plus you will need all the seals, gas lines, wiring, etc.

What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what I asked. Are you assuming I have a heater from a 356? Im asking if these heaters were installed in a 356. I know all about altering a car and its ramifications on value, but thanks anyway. Ive also restored and have running other examples of Eberspacher Gas Heaters, but thanks for that little sweetheart of a warning on them as well Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing No really. Im not being an ass. Look me up. I have tons of posted Eberspacher info on the internet. Think Anxious Im just trying to learn about these is anything.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: