Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location Reply with quote

mstg07 wrote:
Is that a Brazilian single cab? Is the m code the same as a German?

It is a German SC.
That particular truck was German delivered, and is a Westfalia widebed.

I don't know about M-code plates for Brazilian buses/trucks. Does someone with a Brazilian truck want to chime in?
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
mstg07 wrote:
Would you happen to know the type and size of screws used for the plate?

Refreshing an oldie to ask the same question: Does anyone know the type and size of the screws for mounting the VIN and M-code plates to the firewall and bulkhead, respectively?

For a 1962?
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
mstg07 wrote:
Would you happen to know the type and size of screws used for the plate?

Refreshing an oldie to ask the same question: Does anyone know the type and size of the screws for mounting the VIN and M-code plates to the firewall and bulkhead, respectively?

For a 1962?

Correct, the non-riveted models/locations...the little roundhead, slotted screw.

EDIT: I've looked through parts catalogs a while back and could not find anything. I'd like to know for reference and have that info out there for those that might need to replace them and want the correct type of screw...

Couldn't find any at hardware store either that match correctly...I need a hobby haha.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location Reply with quote

Here is the M-code plate screw from our midDEC62 single cab.

Length 8.84mm:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Outside of threads 3mm:

Head diameter 5.3mm:

Height of the domed head 2.2mm (Approximate due to the slot cut thru it:

Measured in the valleys of the threads 2.24mm:

Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying my 63 Single Cab vin plate and location Reply with quote

Finally got around to pulling out the mounting screw for the engine compartment VIN plate from a cut up bus here. Same general dimensions as the Mcode plate screws shown above.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: