Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

I just checked and syncrofest 2018 is May 3rd to the 6th and it will be in Hollister as usual.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: syncrofest 2018 Reply with quote

I've already put in for the time off and am polishing up my trophy. Open Open Open.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Posting to not miss the signup this year 😀😀😀
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

I have the time off and am ready to pass my "trophy" on to the next sorry participant Confused

Just a regular guy
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Yea

I wouldn't want your trophy either.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

The newest Car and Driver has an article on automotive events this year and Syncro Fest is mentioned (they are smitten with the name Syncro de Mayo) and the illustration accompanying the article features a Vanagon at the top of the page, top of the heap, so to speak.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

When will registration open? I checked the website and Facebook but didn't see the 2018 registration. It's not far away.
F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Just got a message back I asked on their facebook page. they got right back and said next weekend
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

So the website is now saying registration is open and on page 2 of the website there looks like there is a link that starts a download. This completes on my phone, but when I go to open it it says "Parse Error".
I hope Facebook is not the only way to register because I deleted my Facebook a while ago!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

You're probably just reaching last year's registration link, which is no longer available. AFAIK, reg isn't open yet.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Syncronoid wrote:
You're probably just reaching last year's registration link, which is no longer available. AFAIK, reg isn't open yet.

Dam it...hate it when that happens!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Hi Volks, I know everyone is quite eager to sign up for SyncroFest. Please bear with us. We have the website ready to go but we are having some 11th hour issues with the event insurance. We've been using the same company for 10 years now and they usually rubber stamp the policy. We submitted our renewal 6 weeks ago and they now getting back to us asking for more information on the event. It may not be a problem but we can not put on the event without insurance so we are not going to open registration until we get this squared away. Please stay tuned......
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Registration is open!
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Here is what I found and it may help others.
https://syncrofest.com/products/syncrofest-2018
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

just signed up:-)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

OK Volks, Last call for SyncroFest. We're going to close registration tomorrow night. If you're sitting on the fence now is the time to get off your butt and get signed up. See you all there!
chris zaferes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

so i missed the sign up this year. and its sold out Sad
last year i paid for to go and my syncro just wasn't put together. i did a complete restoration on my 1987 weekender syncro. i've been so busy this year it sliped pasted me.

so if some one cant go i'd love to buy your tickets? if any one knows how i can go i'm more than happy to help out there any way i can and pay.

best
chris
310-968-0070
[email protected]
San Vancisco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the awesome fella (can't recall his name) who was replacing windshields last year is around or coming again? I thought I found him on this board and PM'd but no luck - anybody know who that was or if he's coming again? Thank you and safe travels getting there.
Bills85Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

San Vancisco wrote:
Does anyone know if the awesome fella (can't recall his name) who was replacing windshields last year is around or coming again? I thought I found him on this board and PM'd but no luck - anybody know who that was or if he's coming again? Thank you and safe travels getting there.

Yes, that’s Stacy. He posted above in this same thread.....16CVs
Engine Conversion Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612144&highlight=
85 Doka L345 Grey - 1.9L
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest #8: May 3-6, 2018 Reply with quote

Anybody on site that can send in some live updates on the show for us anchored at work?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: