Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The flu
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Of course the vaccines work. But the one we got last year was absolutely useless. This year is for 3-strains. Healthworkers have to get the shot or cannot work, PERIOD.

Have a friend who had a very bad reaction to this year's strain -swolled him up pretty good. But for every bad reaction, the great majority of people do not show hardly any symptoms. Sure you can feel like shit a little after the shot...perfectly normal.

Only God know how many shots we got in the military - we were like cattle!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Check out what is in those flu shots. Here is a list of vaccine contents.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Bones 53 wrote:
Check out what is in those flu shots. Here is a list of vaccine contents.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

I didn't see the tracking chips on the list, but of course they are not going to tell you that.
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Quote:

I didn't see the tracking chips on the list, but of course they are not going to tell you that.

What? Do you think you're being tracked from a vaccine?
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Bones 53 wrote:
Quote:

It was an attempt (however bad) at humor. Using the data previously stated for the number of vaccines given. Holy crap, it kills it when you have to explain.. we all know they track you through your stool.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

jwp67 wrote:
Bones 53 wrote:
Quote:

It was an attempt (however bad) at humor. Using the data previously stated for the number of vaccines given. Holy crap, it kills it when you have to explain.. we all know they track you through your stool.

There is some truth to that.
http://www.irem.org/resources/real-estate-manageme...-scofflaws
https://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/councils-use-dna-catch-dog-owners-who-leave-poo/2967098/
https://www.pooprints.com/in-the-news/

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Might not be too far off on the stool - technology at the forefront

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28193720 or

http://news.thewindowsclub.com/bill-gates-foundation-working-birth-control-chip-78981/
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Healthworkers have to get the shot or cannot work, PERIOD.

Where I work you either get the vaccine or wear a mask.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Vaccines should not be " personal choice " in places like schools

If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, then home school.

Jenny McCarthy is an idiot , and I call measles " Jenny McCarthy disease " since her irresponsibility is what caused the resurgence of the disease.

Remember that a vaccine protocol depends on herd immunity...even if 15% of vaccines don't titer, you get protection from those that do, and the disease can't take hold

Personal anecdotes about vaccines are useless
Bones 53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Quote:
Vaccines should not be " personal choice " in places like schools

If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, then home school.

Jenny McCarthy is an idiot , and I call measles " Jenny McCarthy disease " since her irresponsibility is what caused the resurgence of the disease.

Remember that a vaccine protocol depends on herd immunity...even if 15% of vaccines don't titer, you get protection from those that do, and the disease can't take hold

Personal anecdotes about vaccines are useless

Your opinion is an anecdote. Since you bring up home school check this out

http://info.cmsri.org/the-driven-researcher-blog/vaccinated-vs.-unvaccinated-guess-who-is-sicker

and

https://medium.com/@jbhandley/a-lone-fda-scientist-could-end-the-autism-epidemic-d98f26fc1b53

There's lots more too. so if your so secure in your vaccinations that you are "protected" why are you concerned I'm not vaccinated.

Herd immunity is not conferred by vaccines that's why you need booster shots. Herd immunity is conferred by actually getting the disease.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
Most of those that make up the stats provided by the ACLU are probably illegal, too young to need the IDs, or for other reasons, trying not to be ID'd.

No.
Too young to need ids? They are trying to vote.
They are trying not to be ID'd but they are showing up to vote? Huh?
Anyway, it explains the reasons it's an issue in the link I posted and why a specific photo ID is a problem.

TDCTDI wrote:
ID is required for almost everything else, here are a few examples...
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/24-things-that-require-a-photo-id/article/2534254

Some of those make sense to require id, a TON of those don't apply to poor people who can't afford those things. Buy a car? I guess they mean a new car, yeah right, lots of people can't do that. Some of those are technically true if you get asked and some are not true at all or maybe it's state by state? I don't remember showing id to adopt my dogs. Buy a cell phone? Not necessarily.

TDCTDI wrote:
Checking into a hotel/motel...
https://www.superpages.com/em/what-documents-do-you-need-at-hotel-check-in/

A decent hotel, otherwise not true.
I've stayed at hotels with cash only.

From that link:
Quote:
Requiring an ID for check-in is a way to make sure that only registered, paid guests are admitted to hotel rooms

ROTFLMAO, they don't do that for all guests.

ACLU says there has only been 31 attempts at voter impersonation since 2000 AD. Oregon has mail ballot with signature verification, so we save money over other States outdated, convoluted, ballot stuffing? polling station voting systems. Everybody has a unique signature that can be verified by computer!

Setting up tents outside Hospitals now to handle all the new Flu cases!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67CarGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Just got my flu shot today. Arm's still a bit sore, but otherwise no changes. If I die in my sleep tonight I'll let you all know.

I do NOT understand the anti-vaccine thought process. Sure, you may not want that vaccine. Fine. But if you're old enough to make that decision for yourself, then at a very basic level, that vaccine isn't for you. It's for that 6-month old infant in the same aisle as you in the grocery store, whose body can't deal with the vaccine just yet. So because you've received the vaccine, and don't have (insert disease of your choice here), you can't pass it on to the infant. Do you REALLY want to be the person who gives polio, or measles, or smallpox to another human?

/rant

rcooled wrote:

On the other hand, if what the OP really wants is a project that'll take up all of his free time for a couple of years, relieve his bank account of many thousands of dollars and frustrate the living hell out of him, then this car is a good place to start.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:

ACLU says there has only been 31 attempts at voter impersonation since 2000 AD.

I'm sure that the ACLU was very thorough in paring down that statistic, they did so just in the wording alone. NC had two confirmed voting for dead relatives in the last election.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.newsobserver.com/ne...71264.html

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

67CarGuy wrote:
Just got my flu shot today. Arm's still a bit sore, but otherwise no changes. If I die in my sleep tonight I'll let you all know.

I do NOT understand the anti-vaccine thought process. Sure, you may not want that vaccine. Fine. But if you're old enough to make that decision for yourself, then at a very basic level, that vaccine isn't for you. It's for that 6-month old infant in the same aisle as you in the grocery store, whose body can't deal with the vaccine just yet. So because you've received the vaccine, and don't have (insert disease of your choice here), you can't pass it on to the infant. Do you REALLY want to be the person who gives polio, or measles, or smallpox to another human?

/rant

I noticed those symptoms too when I got mine last fall but I may get a chance to see just what good it does if any. Last week a man at work tested positive for influenza B and I had worked with him in fairly close proximity while he was contagious. People can be contagious for up to a week before showing symptoms, oh well
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

I caught it week ago last Monday, missed one day of work and felt like crap the rest of the days or just plain wore down. Still not back to form. Guess who's getting a flu shot next year.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

I find the details of how Vaccine Court works very disturbing . It reduces the ability of consumers to seek redress for damage that could occur from a very powerful industry. Improved sanitation over the last 70 years ( especially municipal waste treatment systems ) has been far more effective in providing public health protections that any other strategy. I personally won't allow any vaccine injections based on the real damage it has inflicted to people I know. Staying away from people is a good call these days.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Caught tale end of report today on diphtheria which is rampant in one of the shithole countries, the cause you guessed it no vaccination, it’s not a pretty way to die. The cool thing about science is it’s true whether you believe in it or not. Very Happy so far no flu here although I’ve been directly exposed to two people that were contagious, maybe dumb luck. Wash yer hands.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

Got a flu shot today so I don't catch it? Hospital here has beds lining the corridors to handle all their patients!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

You may still get the flu if exposed. They say even if you do, the flu shot may "shorten" the time you have it.

The flu is getting a lot of attention as well it should.

Every day, about 100 people a day die in car accidents in the US.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The flu Reply with quote

My fn co-workers have been sick over the last two weeks. They take 2 day's off and try to come back to work on the third day, only to leave around 10am because they are too sick to continue the day.
They could have just stayed home and worked via VPN and cell phone.
But NO! They just had to come in and share their germs with the remains of the healthy team.

So now I have had to cancel attending my grandson's birthday party and helping a couple buddies pick up a type 3 parts car, because I have come down with the flu.

I didn't get the shot this year. I consulted with the Dr. and he said it was "ineffective" this year, just ride it out.

Great advice doc. Mad

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: