Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Avenger and Aztec base reproduction kit
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Avenger and Aztec base reproduction kit Reply with quote

now we are working on 2 body kits

Base on Avenger GT integrated with Eleanor Body kit , and Aztec II canopy top with correction all body details with GT40 style.

I would like to see if it will hit the market of kit car or not.

the avenger base we are still working on it , more photo will come after finished

the aztec base already finish.

please leave the comment.

Eleanor GT
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GT-A

Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless your target sale price is well under $10K, you'll be developing those for yourself. Absolutely no call for kits anymore, save for buggies, Cobra's (and related) or very low run high dollar "kits" like the recent Bugatti replica. VW based kits are done. Fit those on a modern tube chassis and you might have a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
woodoctr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hate to agree on that but its' pretty much true.... You only have to look at the demise of the kit car magazines themselves. Everything went from VW based, to Fiero based, then finally the now upper end tube framed cars. Even Factory Fives "economy" entry with the 818 follows those guidelines. You would be in a very small category of VW based kit cars. I do like the concept of the Aztec there. Combine that top with modern linear actuators and that would be a pretty cool car. I'd consider buying it with a tube frame/ mid engine subaru set up.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined Samba today.
No location listed.
No website.
No price target.
No market.

bnc
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Joined Samba today.
No location listed.
No website.
No price target.
No market.

bnc

im not come here for any selling or marketing , i just come here cos i want to know what other comment are
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Unless your target sale price is well under $10K, you'll be developing those for yourself. Absolutely no call for kits anymore, save for buggies, Cobra's (and related) or very low run high dollar "kits" like the recent Bugatti replica. VW based kits are done. Fit those on a modern tube chassis and you might have a chance.

the target price is low for sure but the shipping price would be a problem , this model have a tube chassis for it base on mid engine set up.

i talked to the guy who done it , said use a vw transmission and flip to mid engine.

but what u said is true , today kit car would come for performance , the vw steering might not answer it
dcat917
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lines and I would buy it for and electric vehicle. Adapt it to a chevy volt driveline and shoot for low curb weight.
1981 Puma GTB http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7794566#7794566
1971 Karmann Ghia http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591290&highlight=
Past Projects:
1951 Studebaker Business Coupe https://goo.gl/photos/eHPuNo89m9PXZwBM8
1953 Studebaker 2-Door Sedan https://goo.gl/photos/pe38HEShzUrVSwcV8
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodoctr wrote:
Yeah, I hate to agree on that but its' pretty much true.... You only have to look at the demise of the kit car magazines themselves. Everything went from VW based, to Fiero based, then finally the now upper end tube framed cars. Even Factory Fives "economy" entry with the 818 follows those guidelines. You would be in a very small category of VW based kit cars. I do like the concept of the Aztec there. Combine that top with modern linear actuators and that would be a pretty cool car. I'd consider buying it with a tube frame/ mid engine subaru set up.

there are some one set up the car with SUBARU rear engine but still use VW transmission.

the tube frame with mid engine also have but from what i know the frame use front half of VW chassis the cut off the rear clip after the body , then make a tube frame for it. setup for mid engine.

but every mid engine i see til now , always porsche trans or VW trans flip side.
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcat917 wrote:
Nice lines and I would buy it for and electric vehicle. Adapt it to a chevy volt driveline and shoot for low curb weight.

how much u would buy it , not more than how much for the fiber kit? i really want to know user opinion
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going mid-engine the 914 5 speed transaxle would be ideal. It spins right way with no alterations - so you have 5 speeds forward. It has proven reliable to near 300 hp - if you don't dump the clutch. I favor modern Subaru engines over the 40+ year old air cooled design. With Subbie power you get computer control, fuel injection, low emission and maintenance plus options for heat and air conditioning (so you at least have defrost). I'd try to use the Subbie suspension too - at least brakes (although they use a non-standard bolt pattern).

Its funny how comparing selling cost of a replica like Aztek, MG TD, etc. to a Porsche Speedster replica - the Speedster will always be 3-5 times more expensive. Must be the gold Porsche script!
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedster replicas have a greater market demand. Even so, the demand isn't huge...

And the availability of good 914 transaxletransaxles is dwindling.

bnc
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfgangdieter wrote:
If you're going mid-engine the 914 5 speed transaxle would be ideal. It spins right way with no alterations - so you have 5 speeds forward. It has proven reliable to near 300 hp - if you don't dump the clutch. I favor modern Subaru engines over the 40+ year old air cooled design. With Subbie power you get computer control, fuel injection, low emission and maintenance plus options for heat and air conditioning (so you at least have defrost). I'd try to use the Subbie suspension too - at least brakes (although they use a non-standard bolt pattern).

Its funny how comparing selling cost of a replica like Aztek, MG TD, etc. to a Porsche Speedster replica - the Speedster will always be 3-5 times more expensive. Must be the gold Porsche script!

true , the aztec & avenger even use more fiber and more work on the molds.

the 914 is a great idea , how about vw trans with 5 spd mod?
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Speedster replicas have a greater market demand. Even so, the demand isn't huge...

bnc

i saw many topic here request on avenger and valkyrie more than speedster , would u think it will hit the VW kit car lover?
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you sell a kit for less than $4k-$5k? Very few people buy kit cars today; the market is basically dead.

Here's another builder with a dream to sell his design... http://smisek-stark.com/index.htm

You would be better off building the 2 cars for your own use/enjoyment, and stopping there.

bnc
Dreamridergarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Can you sell a kit for less than $4k-$5k? Very few people buy kit cars today; the market is basically dead.

Here's another builder with a dream to sell his design... http://smisek-stark.com/index.htm

You would be better off building the 2 cars for your own use/enjoyment, and stopping there.

bnc

what your opinion on VW buggy and Formula V then?

Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamridergarage wrote:
didget69 wrote:

bnc

i saw many topic here request on avenger and valkyrie more than speedster , would u think it will hit the VW kit car lover?

I've got 3 914 trans in barn - they are available for $150-200. I'm hoping they increase to $1k so I can add to retirement fund. 914 tend to rust beyond what can be affordably fixed.

Not many Speedster owners here because they have a very active forum at -

http://www.speedsterowners.com/

There are at least 6 manufacturers producing cars ranging from $28k-80k so that market may be taken. Intermeccanica, Beck/Special Edition, Vintage Speedster, JPS, Seduction Motors.

With an original rust prone Speedster going for $150-300k - a replica is a logical choice.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamridergarage wrote:
didget69 wrote:

bnc

what your opinion on VW buggy and Formula V then?

Limited demand for Formula Vee & buggy... Multiple players already in this market space.

bnc
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there really no new ideas?! I never understood the expectations for 'New Old Chit'.

How many people (with the cash - you cannot go to the bank with this title) want a car that you have to fall out of that makes louder fan and valve noise than exhaust?

I understand it's easier to glom onto someone else's supposed success, but unless it is with herculean effort - like perhaps Superformance, forget it.

But even at this top end, where nearly everybody on the planet knows/loves the Cobra there's a wide selection of completed cars available at the factory and I'd bet a large batch on the secondary market. Which likely means both get discounted heavily. (like that dumbass GM Volt ..they're bringing out a new model with 6,000 of the first model still unsold)

I think you'd be smarter to open a Pizza joint in New Jersey ..even if you speak with an East Asian accent and don't answer the phone 5-times-a-day.

Jim
Manx #2614
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your progress on instagram and have commented that there is no real market for these. Ask Dan at FF US, Sterling Sports Cars, and countless others how this worked out for them?

I love the Aztec. I think its a great car but they are dated and whatnot.

You can get a spanking new 818 Coupe from Factory five for $12,000 and all you need is to supply a single donor car. You will have a new tech car for $20,000 assuming you can do they work yourself.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: When you are ready I can supply these ...

$40 each plus shipping

$45 Each plus shipping

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: