Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Free Ghia Parts Topic.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Xzener, I have an extra pair, but one of them is missing part of a corner at one end. I'll snap a pic later and PM you to see if you still want them. Since you just said you found one, maybe the other I have will work for you.

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Are we talking the radio knob or the vent covers? I found the radio knob.
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Sorry, the vent covers, forgot you needed a radio knob.

Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Yes, please send pictures... I'd like to add vent covers to my dash. It seems so unfinished as is. Thanks. Although, just read a description form MAMotorworks, these things are 14" long?? Perhaps they are not the correct size.
https://www.mamotorworks.com/vw/Product/karmann-ghia-defroster-vent-14-2-required-306326
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Those are exactly the same as I have for my 71.

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Ok, wrong size then... Mine are 6-8" tops. Thanks for the offer though.
art_lessing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

I am still looking for a doghouse thermostat rod, or flap return spring if anyone has one layin around...
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

art_lessing wrote:
I am still looking for a doghouse thermostat rod, or flap return spring if anyone has one layin around...

I might have one. I know I have an extra spring and several rods. Just need to make sure of the right rod.
I’ll check when I get home tonight.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

xzener wrote:
Ok, wrong size then... Mine are 6-8" tops. Thanks for the offer though.

You probably will have to cut down and weld the 14"ers. As I recall, my son had to do that with his fiberglass dash.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
art_lessing wrote:

I might have one. I know I have an extra spring and several rods. Just need to make sure of the right rod.

If you have a spring that you know is original and correct, please post photos of it with a ruler in the Gallery here.

I remember someone was asking about the size recently and it would be nice for the info to be searchable in the Gallery.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
art_lessing wrote:

Not the right rod but I do have a spring and a bunch of clips.

djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Help me!

I'm old with a crappy memory!

I had offered a member here the rain gutter moldings from my 69 Coupe.
I sent him some other and some related parts but I never was able to ship the moldings!

I can't find your information, if you are reading this contact me and I'll get these molding out to you!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
art_lessing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Did you still have an oil bath stand?
WagenKult
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

xzener wrote:
Looking for a set of vent covers. Cant bring myself to pay $75+ dollars in the classifieds. Oh, and $999 on eBay Oh, nevermind. My buddy said people do that so they don't have to pay eBay for the fee to bring down the advertisement. The actual price on eBay is $22 each, which makes more sense than $75 a pair.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I am also looking for a set of these for a 61. I'm willing to purchase the item and of course cover shipping. I have seen a few in classifieds but not sure if they would fit a 61 and the seller doesn't seem to reply to questions. Anyway I would love to get a set of these for a 61....please and thank you!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Reviving this thread with this.
Hopefully someone needs it.

Oh, and if a moderator sees this, all my other free stuff posted previously is gone.

Canghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

rear seat back 74 ghia. Just cover the cost of shipping from Canada.

The carpet is in good shape the particle board in not. If I have to ship it I will remove the particle board (will have to break it to get it out) and can offer a full size tracing of it.

Mark
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Anyone have a rear seat bottom metal brace? The part that goes over the tunnel? I need this to rebuild the seat bottom. Car is in India, so I cannot ship a part that big and I've not come across just this brace.

Am willing to buy. Shipping will only be to NC 28081 (I have a few parts stacked up at my in-laws and will forward to my India address once things open up).

Alternatively, a sketch with good dimensions would be just as good and I can have the part fabricated here. It seems pretty simple.

Thanks!
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

bnam wrote:
Anyone have a rear seat bottom metal brace? The part that goes over the tunnel? I need this to rebuild the seat bottom. Car is in India, so I cannot ship a part that big and I've not come across just this brace.

Am willing to buy. Shipping will only be to NC 28081 (I have a few parts stacked up at my in-laws and will forward to my India address once things open up).

Alternatively, a sketch with good dimensions would be just as good and I can have the part fabricated here. It seems pretty simple.

Thanks!

Someone had one in "What's This Part & Where Does It Go" a few months ago, not sure if he was selling : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9348442#9348442
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

GONE!
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!

Last edited by Trylon on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rule #1, Dont throw anything away. The Freebie Topic Reply with quote

Yours for the shipping cost:

GONE

1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!

Last edited by Trylon on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: