Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Quote:
I think we should start a new annual event.
'' Van cafe memorial ''
A one day BBQ Or we could make it into a weekend camp out at a major camping area like Lake Shasta or Whiskeytown lake.

I am on... please post follow up... thanks
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Figuring 90% of the parts that have gone onto the Westfalia since 09 have been from VC usually the best price and even if not didn't bother me as the customer service was something just not found anywhere else I have encountered.

Peter and Chris were beyond incredibly friendly and helpful. The speed to fill an order and to my porch was superbulous.

Sure wish I would have ordered a sticker, shirt, and the flue vent cover before the final day had them picked out just kept trying to think of more to order.

In 2017 I purchased the ladder RMW makes and sells. If I remember correctly it was backordered out of stock but due in shortly. My first and only experience so far with RMW was great, the communication was excellent and they got me that ladder just in time for a roadtrip that didn't end up happening (very pleased with ladder).

VC THANK YOU !!! You will be greatly missed.

I now need a new backup plan for moving to a small surf town and wrenching.
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Peter and Chris were great to deal with. They always answered my questions and got me the best deal on shipping. Cookies were always appreciated.

I guess now I'll have to worry about someone stealing my Van Cafe-Santa Cruz license plate holders. I'll have to booby trap them.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

If I ever see Peter, Chris or Mike out on the highways I expect every part on their Vanagons to be new!

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I forgot that I took this pics of some goodies to help remember the good ole times:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Craig
CptRon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Sad to see van cafe go.

The are right down the street from me and a great group.
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Quote:
All questions I've had were always answered nearly immediately from Lynnsay, Peter, or Mike. When does that happen in this day and age???

Umm, it's always happened when you call RMW, and it will continue to happen when you call RMW and the relocated VanCafe, that's when.

Hey y'all, guess what else? Prices aren't all going to rise, many may go down, this will be a more efficient operation with much lower overhead. The same stickers and more will be on sale. Other than the privileged few who could go shop at the Santa Cruz store, shipping will be just as fast for everyone on the west coast, and faster for all the rest of North America and beyond. And in spite of the positively absurd challenges there are to putting one in every box, Mike's gonna make sure, because... well I don't really know why, it makes no rational sense but,... you'll get your damn cookie too!

Y'know what else? Since he'll be free to get away from the shop for awhile, you might actually get a visit from Peter, instead of the other way around. Now Mike, he's gonna be a different story...

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Those are just hopeful assumptions at this point.

Peter and Chris are great assets to the company and they are both missing from the new location.
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I took it to mean there's still plenty of people left who care about their business.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Quote:
Those are just hopeful assumptions at this point.

Not truer words could be spoken, unless it were by someone who's in this business.

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that "shipping will be just as fast for everyone on the west coast"

in fact, that stmt makes no sense at all.
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

burleymotorsports wrote:
E1 wrote:
Such a party would be best held on Nacimiento Road. Cool

I think we should start a new annual event in Peter's honor
'' Thank you Peter for Van cafe ''
A one day BBQ Or we could make it into a weekend camp out at a major camping area like Lake Shasta or Whiskeytown lake.

Syncrofest

Maybe now Peter will show up in his Westy and not on his bike.
burleymotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

vegpedlr wrote:
burleymotorsports wrote:
E1 wrote:
Such a party would be best held on Nacimiento Road. Cool

I think we should start a new annual event in Peter's honor
'' Thank you Peter for Van cafe ''

Syncrofest

Maybe now Peter will show up in his Westy and not on his bike.

I Hope he does.
We still need should have an event that is dedicated in his honor.
A lot of of folks are looking for a new event to attend. Just a thought.

I will not see your PM.
Please email us directly through our website at http://www.burleymotorsports.net . Thank you.

Web: http://www.burleymotorsports.net
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/burleymotorsports
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/burleymotorsports
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Can't agree more. I say a campout in Peter's honor. It would be very fun to spend the weekend with Peter and so many who care. I would almost consider a campground in the Santa Cruz or Monterey mountains, which might be something Peter would consider. Just some thought to chew on.

Craig
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Many are treating VC like it died off hehe... it hasn't. Mike and the crew will do everything in their power to maintain or exceed the great service that Van Cafe has been known for. Before we all stick a fork in them, give them a shot... bear with them during this transition period since they are moving a ton or product 1,200+ miles in the dead of winter.

I'm glad it's Mike that is taking over... someone that's already in our community and has online retail experience. This is way better then some Joe off the street with zero experience and zero ties to the community... or even worse, shut down entirely.

Congrats Mike on this great new endeavor!

Congrats Peter on the retirement, Enjoy it my friend!

Looking forward to what VanCafe has in store for 2018...
Irishcalifornian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

I am proud to have been a customer of Van Cafe.
All the best to the entire staff!
blockhead squarewheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

If enjoyed rolling into VC for the 3 years I have lived in SC. Peter is awesome. I worked during their operating hours and if it ment a hidding parts in the bushes or Lynndsay answering the back door after hours they would always hook me up. Ralph would always shoot me straight and encourage me to not worry about my van breaking down which resulted in me taking more road trips. (Christmas was 2500 miles with a freshly installed coolant junction bought at VC and made by RMW no breakdowns) Peter told me to take my heads to the machine shop across the street rather than selling me new ones. I'm seriously going to miss these guys. I'm glad Peter is getting to retire as i'v seen him working till 10 o'clock at night on multiple occasions. I have full confidence in their new direction. Ralph and Mike are down to earth honest good guys who have love for the van and if you ask Peter Lynndsay was always picking up the ball when he droped it. They will do just as much good for our community as ever, probably even more. I look forward to stopping in Colorado my next big road trip and am am still saving up for a pair of their new carrat springs.
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

Hey folks,

About time for an update. I will say the transition has been a lot of work.

We just started our third week and it was much smoother than our first.

So I am not even sure of the last update but we loaded an entire warehouse on a Friday two and a half weeks ago and it arrived the following Monday morning. We had a great truck driver. luck of the draw, you don't really get your pick. You get who is empty and headed your way.

There were so many things that happened in between and admittingly we missed shipped at least a dozen orders in the two weeks. My apologies if you were one of them.

Here are the important stats. We have gone through over 600 cookies already. At the end of two weeks, we had less than a dozen orders sitting that couldn't be shipped due to parts shortage.

The rest is campfire and beer talk when we catch up.

So Van Cafe is alive and well. I work 12-15 hours a day, 7 days a week. I am having so much fun and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve this community.

Speaking of which...gotta go handle some more challenges, minor ones this time.

We are working hard for you all. Thank You!!

Mike
[email protected]

The Splitzgauer build (when I have time to work on it and update the thread)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497133
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

All is well...the COOKIES are still coming! 😂😂😂

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Farfromslow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Van Cafe to merge with Rocky Mountain Westy! Reply with quote

It was nice to speak with you this week Mike about my issue, you and your crew were great thanks, hopefully we will see some wheels and other goodies soon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: