Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

93 sliding door inner panel removal
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Bill B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: 93 sliding door inner panel removal Reply with quote

Hi there, my 93 CE eurovan's slider door's lock froze a few weeks ago and then the little 'flap' inside the key lock bent so no i cant put the key in to unlock. and of course the inner lock piece that i could normally pull up to unlock from the inside is missing Rolling Eyes (has been since i picked it up a few weeks ago) How do i get the door open? I cannot see how to pull the inner panel off
2000 DRZ400e dualsport
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 93 sliding door inner panel removal Reply with quote

Door needs to be open to really pull the panel off. I’d try fishing through the hole first to try and pull the unlock. I take it that the electric actuator doesn’t work as well?
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: 93 sliding door inner panel removal Reply with quote

No power options , I'll try fishing for the door unlock today, is there anywhere I can find a diagram of what it looks like?
2000 DRZ400e dualsport
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: 93 sliding door inner panel removal Reply with quote

upside down, but this is it. I was thinking that you could hook the bar that the locking knob normally pulls up from through the hole.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T4A-VW-Bus-T4-Sliding-Doo...SwcB5ZEsoH
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: 93 sliding door inner panel removal Reply with quote

Thank you, just got the van up on the lift, it looks good on the underside
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2000 DRZ400e dualsport
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: