Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KGPR/Airhead parts website outage
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolarBearVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

I've notice that their websites went unavailable a few days ago.
It seems to be more than a server outage. I haven't called them yet but I assume the Samba-brain would know what's going on.

Last edited by PolarBearVW on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts Out of Business? Reply with quote

I was wondering about that as well. Luckily for me my last order shipped the day before it went down. But, bummed that it is down. Hope it will be back.
Byas
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts Out of Business? Reply with quote

KGPR answers their phone... they say they're rebuilding their site and will be for awhile.
PolarBearVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts Out of Business? Reply with quote

crocteau wrote:
KGPR answers their phone... they say they're rebuilding their site and will be for awhile.

Thanks for doing the work that I should have done.

I re-titled the post to "website outage" instead of "out of business"? I'd hate to start disparaging rumors here on a business that we all respect and rely on.
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Thanks for the update - I was hoping to do an order to save on shipping as will be visiting the states soon, guess I'll have to flick through a catalog and email/call them!
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

I hope the website rebuild goes better than the last one - that didn't turn out great and they lost a lot of the photos along the way.
myghiarocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:
I hope the website rebuild goes better than the last one - that didn't turn out great and they lost a lot of the photos along the way.

I agree. I think they took a step backwards then. It needs much improvement to keep up with the competition.
samwise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

For me, pretty dumb move to take down the old website before the new one is ready - there'll be a lot of lost sales to their competitors, with some people never going back.
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Sometimes you don't get to choose when your site will go down.

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Max Welton wrote:
Sometimes you don't get to choose when your site will go down.

Max

I have to disagree. I've have an online business and website that has been doing business online since 1999, the dark ages of the internet. It all that time, almost 19 years I have been off line with my website down less then a day over all those years.

They haven't even posted a message here. I would assume we are where most of their business would come from.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
LCDR O
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Website still down.
Karly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

They advised me to call to make an order or use their Amazon storefront so assuming it's going to be down awhile.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

I clicked on the KGPR ad at the bottom of the pages and it took me to https://airheadparts-kgpr.com which says:

The Airhead and KGPR websites run on the same engine, which has experienced a catastrophic failure! Please call us at 800-927-2787 to order parts not listed here on this temporary page. In the mean time, please enjoy FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $25.00 while we rebuild our sites!
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

I did order some door hinge cover seals via their eBay site (Airhead not KGPR) last Saturday... no problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

I've noticed that www.vintagecarparts.de is also offline. I think they're taking a holiday, but since Rudi is very much a one-man operation, and a very reliable one at that, that is to be forgiven.
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
I've noticed that www.vintagecarparts.de is also offline. I think they're taking a holiday, but since Rudi is very much a one-man operation, and a very reliable one at that, that is to be forgiven.

He's in New Zealand on Holiday and he accepts $NZD but has a helper in Germany who can send. His service is just a slow as ever.
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Sorry, everybody. It took longer to figure out how bad stuff is, and it's bad Smile

We're rebuilding everything from scratch, but it's going to be a few weeks until it's ready. For now, please place orders over the phone at 1-800-927-2787 or by email to Jason at [email protected]

Until we're up and running normally, we're offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $25.00 starting today. This offer is valid to the lower 48 states, for every box under 165" / 50 lbs.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Good to know. Keep up the great work. Do you have a catalog to choose parts from?
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

As being an IT guy for over 40 years...... a good system backup strategy would have been nice.....

Just sayin.... d'oh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Yep.

Max
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: