Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

KGPR/Airhead parts website outage
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

It's more than that.*** Since the site failure has given us this wonderful "opportunity to upgrade," we're taking full advantage.

Our inventory control system is a highly customized, highly proprietary back end that runs it's own website front end. We've never been totally happy with it, ESPECIALLY on the web end of things.

In order to upgrade any portion of the system, well... we can't. So to build a modern website we can be proud of, we have to go back to the beginning and implement an entirely new system that is much more "open" and plays well with the rest of the web.

It's a huge job that once completed should make everyone's life easier, including our customers-- I know many of you have commented to me about the search engine acting odd, or the site speed being unbearably slow at times. I wish we'd done this two years ago.

In a perfect world, we'd have worked on this all behind the scenes, then one day, we'd have flipped a switch and boom! Seamless. The irony is, we'd been talking about doing just that for months.

Anyway, we're looking to re-launch in about 6 weeks, so until then, we sincerely appreciate the business we've been getting on the phones and through email. We'll continue the FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25 until we're back up to full speed. We've also been running a 40% OFF used Beetle and Bus parts sale if any of you folks have a wandering eye for the other models. Smile

***we have all our old data, including customer purchase history for warranty claims, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Can you find someone to spend the next six weeks taking photos of all the parts and add these to each item?
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Andre,
Good luck with the rebuild. In the meantime, any chance you have a PDF catalog that you could mail out to those interested?
Byas
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

bnam wrote:
Andre,
Good luck with the rebuild. In the meantime, any chance you have a PDF catalog that you could mail out to those interested?
Byas

Yep, I would like one too.
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

You guys dont have a KGPR Catalog? Since the loss of HOG, theirs is the best!
Hey Andre, great pic of rednecking how to change a tire in the woods w/o a jack.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Hey Andre, great pic of red necking how to change a tire in the woods w/o a jack.
Laughing Judging by the way Pa is looking at it I'd say there's likely more of a problem than just a flat tire, otherwise Ma would be on hand with the spare instead of squatting safely out of range with Junior.
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Hey, all-- I was able to dig up all my catalog files and make some web versions-- the pricing is not up to date, as I can't link my InDesign files to the database yet-- it's being modified to fit the new system.

KGPR is here (11MB):
http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/KGPR-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf

Airhead Parts is here (40MB):
http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/AHP-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf

Looks like we'll be running the FREE SHIPPING sale until the end of February. Thanks again, everybody!

***I did get 400 new photos up in the 30-45 days or so before the site crashed. I hear you!

Last edited by Andre@KGPR/Airhead on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hokie87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Andre@KGPR/Airhead wrote:
Hey, all-- I was able to dig up all my catalog files and make some web versions-- the pricing is not up to date, as I can't link my InDesign files to the database yet-- it's being modified to fit the new system.

KGPR is here (11MB):
http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/KGPR WEB TEMP-2018.pdf

Airhead Parts is here (40MB):
http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/AHP WEB TEMP-2018.pdf

Looks like we'll be running the FREE SHIPPING sale until the end of February. Thanks again, everybody!

***I did get 400 new photos up in the 30-45 days or so before the site crashed. I hear you!

"File not found" error on both links for me...???
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Your links don't work ... I think it's the embedded spaces.

You really should find someone with some computer chops. Rolling Eyes

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Sorry, I had spaces in the URL that were bad-- try it now.
http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/AHP-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

I noticed it Max, but thanks for the tip.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Andre,
Thanks for posting. There's still something awry - it's not loading.
edit - worked
Byas
1952 Citroen TA 11BL

Last edited by bnam on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

bnam wrote:
Andre,
Thanks for posting. There's still something awry - it's not loading.
Byas

Try this...works for me: http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/AHP-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

That's the Air head catalog, right? I'd like to get the KGPR.

It's both...
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Hi bnam-- both links are working for me. The one above, and this one for KGPR:

http://airheadkgpr.com/downloads/catalogs/KGPR-WEB-TEMP-2018.pdf

Files are kind of large-- maybe give it some more time to load.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Thanks Andre! Downloaded!

Byas
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Andre,
would it be a good iterim measure to have the catalogue links up on the website so people wider spread than the samba can directly grab a copy from the place holder page there now?

Nicholas
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Thank you, yes! They're on each page at the lower right, but they could be more prominent for sure-- I'll see what I can do.
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Any word on the website?
Andre@KGPR/Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: KGPR/Airhead parts website outage Reply with quote

Thanks for asking! It's really close. I used the test site last week for a couple of days, and everything was working and looking good so far. It's down again now while the developer creates the shipping section we 'completed' last week (napkin drawing style), with the goal in mind of drastically reducing the need to ask a human for a shipping quote. We're always available on the phone M-F to assist in any way, but with our old site, simple things required you to call, and we're trying to make calling us more optional than mandatory Wink

Once an order is placed, you'll quickly receive a confirmation/invoice email that includes tracking info. That's all been tested with dummy shipping data.

We have a wholesale side to the site as well and our goal there is also to reduce the need to wait on a human to complete your order.

I don't want to give it all away, and we already have a short list of things to add once we're live. We intend to have the site open by El Prado (June 10). Until then, we're still doing email/phone sales with free shipping on orders over $25.

We can't thank everyone enough for picking up the phone and continuing to support us through this. It's been rough, and we definitely couldn't have got this far without you all being there for us.

On another note:

I was in the Airhead Parts High Roof on my way to the San Diego Air Cooled Fiesta in Imperial Beach on Saturday, and I followed a nice Ghia for a bit through Venice. This Porsche stopped in traffic to chat with the owner, while the folks behind honked and went around (notice the green light). Porsche driver was totally unfazed, and laser focused on his chat with the owner of the Ghia. Gave me a good laugh Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: