Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bellhousing support stand in EU
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingkitesurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Bellhousing support stand in EU Reply with quote

As I pulled my type 4 2L FI engine for a overhaul I found out that the square plate mount for the engine stand does not fit. There are supposed to be half moon ones specifically to fit the bell housing.
I cannot find them for sale in EU. Anybody know of an address where they sell them? Your help is more then welcome! Thanks.
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellhousing support stand in EU Reply with quote

Right here on the Samba: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=606310

I have the 4 arm yoke and love it. Perhaps someone makes them in the EU somewhere too?
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellhousing support stand in EU Reply with quote

if you are referring to a yoke that fits the engine, VW heritage has 2 arm yokes, and Ebay.co.uk has up to 4 and 5 arm yokes, like the photo below. They are meant only for the engine. You might also try the Ebay that is local to your country - maybe ebay.de would be the closest.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you are planning on holding the transmission on an engine stand it uses a strap type of holder that is available from Snap-On in the USA.

I usually have wooden blocks under a transmission when it is hung on the engine, and sitting on the floor.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellhousing support stand in EU Reply with quote

There's always a way if you are crafty enough Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8710570#8710570

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: