Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front Suspension Options
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

veeweeman wrote:
He ain't got no 9k to spend on a car...he only got 4k

And the car has to last forever!!
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
veeweeman wrote:
He ain't got no 9k to spend on a car...he only got 4k

And the car has to last forever!!

Laughing Laughing look at sarcasm Sheldon Laughing Laughing
greggl4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Fenix wrote:

If you are worried about staying excited about it, and already wavering...once you start sinking time and cash into it you will definitely loose interest quickly

I have a lot invested in mine already, I could have bought a nice truck by now. It's my only car too, but I don't mind because I still get excited to fix it.

Shit, just buy this and call it a day. Spend the 9 months waxing it and driving it.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2112443

that seems like a lot. It ain't got no 3x3's, nor does it have an upgraded beam
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:
Brian wrote:
Fenix wrote:

If you are worried about staying excited about it, and already wavering...once you start sinking time and cash into it you will definitely loose interest quickly

I have a lot invested in mine already, I could have bought a nice truck by now. It's my only car too, but I don't mind because I still get excited to fix it.

Shit, just buy this and call it a day. Spend the 9 months waxing it and driving it.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2112443

that seems like a lot. It ain't got no 3x3's, nor does it have an upgraded beam

Like I said what you want is a 12k-15k car.
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:
I just wanted to chime back in and say I'm not sure about motivation. Take school, for instance... I want to study hard, the reward is there, but I'm not doing it. I try, but I think I could be trying a lot harder, ideally.
Therefore,
I can't say that if I want something bad enough that I'll do it.
I'm not even sure if this is true. It seems true because t (because of the above reason) There must be more to moving a person than wants.

Heh, idk.
Anyone feel free to chime in on this one is greatly appreciate it.
Thanx, as always.

I am very grateful.

It’s callec heart and passion and a willingness to put in the work to get there. A willingness to give 150% more than the next guy. Not 150% of what you have but 150% more than anyone else’s 100%. I have this battle with all the students I mentor from your generation and the players on the teams I coach. No one wants to do the work to get what they want. All just want to show up for the interview of game without putting in the hours of work to prepair for either. It’s a charector issue with an entire generation and only one to blame are parents and educators, and the lazy kids it spawned.

You have to find the passion and drive to spend the studying for class or the hours of building the Baja. But if you as wavering before you ever get it, it’s not for you.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: FRONT SUSPENSION OPTIONS Reply with quote

B Ramsey wrote:
greggl4321 wrote:
My last and final post

Promise?

Now that's some funny shit. Kinda makes me happy I haven't completely ignored his posts yet. Still waiting for somebody to completely loose it. Is that a train I hear? Popcorn
greggl4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

As far as what motivates a person, I think there is a lot more to it than parenting or educators.

I think people typically do things based on rewards. (Can anyone explain why this may be wrong?) As distruburbing as it sounds, it seems to be very true.

What would motivate a person to become bed ridden?

As far as cars goes, there is a 65' nearby that has a type 3 rear end. Is this the same as a rear end with irs rear suspension?
Dürtwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:
I think people typically do things based on rewards.

You think..? I go to work, and am rewarded with money so I can feed myself and my lady and keep a roof over my head.. I would not work if I was not rewarded with money. Therefore, you are correct , most normal people work based on the reward like everybody else. What’s disturbing about that?
Bock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

Bed-ridden isn’t a choice. No motivation needed.

If you are looking to get motivation from this project then you really need to focus on how you’re spending your money. Get the best running bug for your money and go enjoy when that time comes for you. Building the car with no previous skills or equipment is quickly going to discourage you.

That’s my take after reading through some of your posts.

You’d probably be way happier with the Toyota. Just sayin’
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:

I think people typically do things based on rewards. (Can anyone explain why this may be wrong?)

I would prefer not to ...
~Bartleby, the Scrivener~

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

greggl4321 wrote:
As far as what motivates a person, I think there is a lot more to it than parenting or educators.

No the motivation and passion has to come from within, no one can give it to you. The parents and educators only hel shape your value system. Which leads to your next question.

greggl4321 wrote:

I think people typically do things based on rewards. (Can anyone explain why this may be wrong?) As distruburbing as it sounds, it seems to be very true.

Exactly the issue, your generation is solely focused on getting instant gratitude and reward, regardless of how much or how little effort is put forward. No value is placed on the prepairation and work to get to a goal, only on the reward for getting there. Basically expecting a trophy at the end of the game whether you went to practice or not, or even if you won the game or not. For true car guys Building the car is the reward, driving it is the after party. If it’s not that for you, forget the hobby it’s not for you.
Fenix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

Dürtwagen wrote:
greggl4321 wrote:

You think..? I go to work, and am rewarded with money so I can feed myself and my lady and keep a roof over my head.. I would not work if I was not rewarded with money. Therefore, you are correct , most normal people work based on the reward like everybody else. What’s disturbing about that?

I know that is true for most. Luckily I was fortunate enough to find a career that focused around one of my main passions and drives. I can honestly say I go to work because I love the work, the challenges and most of all walking through a store or seeing an advertisement for one of the products I took from idea in my head to a physical product on the shelf.

But I would almost argue going to work is not because of reward but responsibility. A responsibility to your family and spouse. The reward is seeing them grow and prosper. I mentor inner city youth and for 90% of them, dads simply don’t share that sense of responsibility or feeling of reward for providing.
Dürtwagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

Fenix wrote:
Dürtwagen wrote:
greggl4321 wrote:

I know that is true for most. Luckily I was fortunate enough to find a career that focused around one of my main passions and drives. I can honestly say I go to work because I love the work, the challenges and most of all walking through a store or seeing an advertisement for one of the products I took from idea in my head to a physical product on the shelf.

But I would almost argue going to work is not because of reward but responsibility. A responsibility to your family and spouse. The reward is seeing them grow and prosper. I mentor inner city youth and for 90% of them, dads simply don’t share that sense of responsibility or feeling of reward for providing.

Uhh well I love doing what I do, but if I didn’t get payed for it I’d have to find something else. And yes, responsIbility, I am responsible for buying food for me and my family with the reward I make from being responsible and working. We could go back and forth all day.
I can see how your line of work would be rewarding and more about that than the money , tho.
greggl4321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Front Suspension Options Reply with quote

What about bajaimg out a Miata? There was a kit they started selling in 2016 that gives long travel and a bit of lift.

Would this be the cheapest long travel vehicle possible?

How bad are miatas as an offroad platform?
Does the frame need to be strengthened as opposed to a bug?

Anyone know about the reliability of a Miata vs Toyota pickup? -- kind of off topic
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: