Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gman17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

Have this original bench seat from my 1971 Bus that were left over and disregarded when sold. Any value or should they just be curbed...maybe someone can have reupholstered as the framing and springs are all in tact? Cheers!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

Depends... if it’s a middle seat then yes. I don’t know how to tell if it’s a middle seat though.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

Rear seat. Easy $100 if you can find a local buyer
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

depending on where you are located.

you'll make more $$ on both those doors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

you better add your location to your sig line or avatar if you want to sell it. USPS isn't delivering it flat rate but there could be a bus owner 5 minutes from you who would buy it today.
gman17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

Located in Charlotte, NC...thanks for all the input!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

If that were within an hour drive of me, I'd give $50 for it, just for reference.
scrivyscriv Premium Member
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

Not a whole lot of value, but not worthless.. I'm sure someone local to you would buy it. Now if you had the middle seat, that's a different game altogether! Laughing
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
Not a whole lot of value, but not worthless.. I'm sure someone local to you would buy it. Now if you had the middle seat, that's a different game altogether! Laughing

If the upholstery were in the same condition, a middle seat would be $150-$200 in value to me.
scrivyscriv Premium Member
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

If the upholstery were in the same condition, a middle seat would be $150-$200 in value to me.

That's about what I'd value one at too, but apparently that's considered offensively lowball nowdays. Cruising the classifieds has some asking prices for bay middle seats anywhere from $500 to $900! Split guys are running the prices up.

But the back seats are usually not in demand so they don't get much attention.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

That's about what I'd value one at too, but apparently that's considered offensively lowball nowdays. Cruising the classifieds has some asking prices for bay middle seats anywhere from $500 to $900! Split guys are running the prices up.

Online ASKING price is way different from what stuff often actually sells for.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

That would bring $100 fast on CL in Colorado
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I agree with these guys.. if it were a middle seat in that same sort of condition, $150-200 would be about right. A middle bench in nice usable condition upholstery wise is more like $300-400

Since what you have is the rear bench, I'd say $50-75. Would be an easy $100-150 if the upholstery was in better shape.

The trick is finding a buyer that is close. Anything non-local tends to seriously reduce prices, as shipping something that size is not real cost effective.

I recently picked up a nice rear bench and middle, both with original but still decent upholstery for $300. Right place at the right time.

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

San Diego CL

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/d/vw-bus-rear-seat-complete/6518392142.html
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
San Diego CL

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/d/vw-bus-rear-seat-complete/6518392142.html

He would have a wider search audience if he added free Tetanus to his keywords. The infection, not the vaccine.

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1971 VW Bus Bench Seat - Any value? Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
San Diego CL

Ads for large, hard to deliver items in Socal, or any major city for that matter, will always have a higher asking/selling price than those in rural areas. That whole supply/demand thing comes into play.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: