Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Thanks gang, Just snagged one from REI on super sale.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Anyone notice any reason to go with the insulated version vs. non-insulated?

I could see possibly using this camping without a Bus, too.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:

I do see the note on the insulated double mattress that with the insulation it doesn't crinkle.

Quote:
Take on the cold without sacrificing comfort or pack size with the Klymit Insulated Static V sleeping pad. It offers exceptional warmth without the dreaded crinkle noise of other insulated pads.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/207580/klymit-static-v-insulated-sleeping-pad

So that might be a reason to consider the insulated versions. I will have to go look at my single mat I bought last fall and see if it is insulated or not. I guess more crinkling would be even worse!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:

I do see the note on the insulated double mattress that with the insulation it doesn't crinkle.
!

I only see single versions of the insulated version.

I ordered the double one. We actually have a very comfortable thick air/foam mattress, but deflating it and getting back in it sack - and it’s large size, can be a pain.
I hope this Klymit one works out. At the very least it will provide me with an upstairs mattress while the current one is use on the bottom.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Klymit offers an insulated double Static V on their site.

I checked mine, it is an insulated version, and as I said it is a bit crinkly. So I suppose the non-insulated is even more crinkly!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
Klymit offers an insulated double Static V on their site.
!

OK - I guess REI isn’t offering it. Well, @ just under $84, shipped to store, I’m happy.

EDIT. Insulated one on Klymit site is $180 (free shipping). I think there’s a 10.% off coupon that can be had.
However, net result is 2X the REI non-insulated version present deal.
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

got mine today. This is what it looks like in the back of a Westy:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dieseltdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Rei sale now lists the double v at $104
2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI
Way too many previously owned to list!
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

If you are a member and use the code "LABOR22" you get the additional 20% which gets you down to $84
cs44
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Bummed I missed the sale, but just scored one from Klymit's site. Will report back after our next camping trip!
bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

I slept on it for 2 nights a couple weeks ago, and it was great for me. I am a side sleeper with an arthritic hip and was comfortable.
moxbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

[edited -- the dimensions of this pad are not the same as the double v Crying or Very sad ]

Klymit also sells another air + foam version with dimensions 53 x 78: the KLYMALOFT SLEEPING PAD. A bit too wide for the standard vanagon setup, but this looks like a great pad.

https://klymit.com/collections/sleeping-pads/products/klymaloft-sleeping-pad?variant=37073392435359

They have a sale right now throwing in the usb rechargeable pump for free.

Last edited by moxbox on Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
revolution337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

moxbox wrote:
Klymit also sells another air + foam version with the same dimensions: the KLYMALOFT SLEEPING PAD

https://klymit.com/collections/sleeping-pads/products/klymaloft-sleeping-pad?variant=37073392435359

That pad looks mighty comfortable as well. But the double is not the same dimensions as the Static V pad. It lists its width at 53” compared the the Static V at 47”. The 47” width fits the vanagon bed perfectly, which is one of the big draws of that particular pad.
2000 BMW Z3 roadster
-Mark
moxbox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

revolution337 wrote:
moxbox wrote:
Klymit also sells another air + foam version with the same dimensions: the KLYMALOFT SLEEPING PAD

That pad looks mighty comfortable as well. But the double is not the same dimensions as the Static V pad. It lists its width at 53” compared the the Static V at 47”. The 47” width fits the vanagon bed perfectly, which is one of the big draws of that particular pad.

Right you are! Sorry I missed that.
revolution337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Another sale PSA

REI is having another 20% off sale for outlet items with code "GEARUP22", and you can get the topper for about $84 again.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/product/215581/klymit-double-v-sleeping-pad
2000 BMW Z3 roadster
-Mark
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

Saw this fitted sheet on Amazon for the toppers. Seems like it might be a nice addition.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P1WR27T/?coliid=I2KSP..._lig_dp_it

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

oooh the pillow sleeve on that is clever.

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

valvecovergasket wrote:
oooh the pillow sleeve on that is clever.

Yes! I have a single Static V mattress that I've used a few times and like (I wish I'd have just gotten the double!) and having something to hold the pillow in place would be nice, though I do tend to put an arm under my pillow.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

got a long trip coming up and bought a refurb Double V for $67 and the double cover at 30% off of $65 from the Klymit eBay store. i've got some quiet reflective polypropylene (not crinkly Mylar) i'll slip in the cover on the bottom side of the pad to counteract the uninsulated pad heat loss for some Feb/March camping in the SW. should work fine. i'm okay on the top bunk with the original pad but would like a touch more cushion so this should do well. i really want to be able to flip the upper bed all the way over for bag storage during the day so i eliminated a latex foam pad i was considering.

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Klymit Double V Inflatable Mattress Topper Reply with quote

just bought a second Double V from the Klymit store on eBay. factory refurbed, cleaned, tested for $67.49 delivered. 1 year warranty only but both have been brand new looking. forget the bag inflator, get a 12v one for 60 second deployment.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322437019980

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: