Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Enclosed car Hauler
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rottenkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

I checked the price of a discovery enclosed car hauler today. It is an 8.5 x 20 trailer. They run $8,654 here in Canada.

Just looking for options on trailers. I think an 18 foot trailer may be better. Any comments would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

I would refrain from hauling a large trailer with my bus. Anything larger than 8x4.5 I would definitely think twice about.
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

he maybe wants to put the bus IN the trailer? maybe? or live in it, down by the river?
pioneer1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

I've never been able to fit a Westy in an enclosed...too tall

'85 Porsche 911 Targa

'76 Westfalia project
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

beware of height issues.
rottenkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

I have a bus, so I should have no problem with height. Does anyone else out there use a enclosed trailer for the bus?
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

Are you just wanting a way to take your Transporter to shows or what? Personally I prefer to put the key in the ignition and drive to wherever I want to go.
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

I can tell you from experience (unfortunately) that a bus will fit into a 20' shipping container!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Even with a Riviera top that has solar panels installed on it.
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

Yes it is not that hard to get an enclosed trailer that will fit a Bus. Both of my last 2 big trailers can fit a Bay Westy with no games.

Now to the price...... Cheap trailers are just that CHEAP. Also being from up Nort you have to watch what you have for roof supports.

If you are not in a rush look for a used trailer and have the money ready when one comes up. As a friend with over 40 trailers says "don't buy a trailer made after 2005". With the downturn in the economy all the trailer makers started cutting lots of corners, some more than others.

Yes a 18 foot trailer will work for you without much issues. You will have some extra room for other stuff. My Split Bus fit in my 18 foot with no issues front to back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rottenkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Enclosed car Hauler Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I am not in a rush so will keep an eye on a used trailer. It was a salesman pushing the 20 footer. I don’t trust salesmen, best to ask hear on Samba the ins and out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: