Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ignition switch/lock
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Orange
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Ignition switch/lock Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'm restoring a -71 911T. I have a steering lock without a key.

1) Can I get a key or re-key the lock?
2) If I need to get another one, which years models will fit my car?

Thanks for any input,
Jörgen Forssling
Göteborg
SWEDEN
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition switch/lock Reply with quote

Unfortunately Porsche only has the codes back to 1972, so you will have to take the steering lock to a lock smith and they can cut a key for you. The steering locks are WAY too expensive to purchase a new one!

We have cut many many many new steering lock keys via our local locksmith over the years for customers who have lost their keys and Porsche could not provide the code
Mr Orange
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition switch/lock Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure that service is provided here in Sweden but I'll look around.

On my second question I'm looking for a used one with keys. So I just want to make sure I get one that fits.

From one source I got:
911 70-89
964 90-94
944 -85

Does this sound right?

//Jörgen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition switch/lock Reply with quote

the 911 and 964 and 914-6 will work, but not the 944. The later 944 968 IGNITION switch is the same but not the steering lock. Cutting a key is much easier than replacing the lock and then having a dissimilar key George Hussey autoatlanta
Mr Orange
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Ignition switch/lock Reply with quote

Thanks!

//Jörgen
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: