Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mystix VW Phoenix (New video)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Realistic project?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

That ebay post was obviously a troll. I've been working with my van all this time I just didn't feel like going here anymore since mostly everyone here doesn't like me. Either way, If you want to stay updated with my build subscribe to my channel.

Link

Most of my questions are mechanical and I can go to a different forum than kit to get answers. I'll lurk some of your projects sometimes instead. Some stories I've seen are so heartfelt I've cried, anyways have a great day!
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Run away very fast from those "mechanics". I hope they weren't charging you for that mess.
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Mystix,

Don't give up on the Samba, there is lots of good information to be gained. The best purchase would be the "How to Keep Your VW Alive" by Muir and a simple Chilton service manual.

The books do not have everything, but will give you a good idea of what the projects will require.

The Ebay listing fooled me as well and I thought you had given up.

Stay the course. - Jeff
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

jwp67 wrote:
Run away very fast from those "mechanics". I hope they weren't charging you for that mess.

X2.

As a 26 year mechanic I can tell you I saw a video of nothing but busy work, doing nothing but trying to look busy. Don't pay someone to learn about how a VW works, find a shop that knows and pay them or do it yourself.

brad
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
jwp67 wrote:

X2.

As a 26 year mechanic I can tell you I saw a video of nothing but busy work, doing nothing but trying to look busy. Don't pay someone to learn about how a VW works, find a shop that knows and pay them or do it yourself.

brad

Exactly. Basically paying someone to use Your Van as hands on training is not a good idea.
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

This footage is from around the time I was more active on the samba and I was asking around for some help. Honestly, this entire visit was a fail and waste of time but I documented it and decided to release it so if there is ever other female or young inexperienced enthusiasts they can learn from my mistakes.

Link

Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

I am seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY embarrassed by how you have been treated in this thread. I realize that this is all new ground for you; I wish you the absolute best in your venture.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

In defense. There was a lot more to this than just one thread. At the time she was “more active” she was posting multiple polls about fairly nonsensical questions. Most of her threads have been heavily edited to remove a lot of content but it was rather annoying to see 4-5 polls one afte the other. I think she was also doing the same in the late bus forum. Massively attention seeking nonsense.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Sharp64, in defense of whom? It was obvious that she was new to the forum-type of format. As far as her 'posting multiple polls about fairly nonsensical questions' was concerned, you yourself always had a choice; ignore them and move on if you wanted to do so. Also, I totally disagree with your accusation of "Massively attention seeking nonsense".

On the other hand, if someone wants to read something truly relevant and thought-provoking, let's refer them to your "I hate sand" thread. Now, that is truly eye-opening.

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Each post was a poll linked to her lame YouTube channel. Transparent attempt to generate traffic. Some recommendations were made and she chose to get indignant.

Yep we all post crap every once in awhile but not on a daily basis and not for the purposes of self promotion. And in that case it was a rant to blow some steam off and meant tongue in cheek. Like you said, if you don’t like it don’t read it or respond.

You’re just seeing the remnants of the threads after she took everything off or edited things out. Think what you want.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Each post was a poll linked to her lame YouTube channel. Transparent attempt to generate traffic. Some recommendations were made and she chose to get indignant.

Yep we all post crap every once in awhile but not on a daily basis and not for the purposes of self promotion. And in that case it was a rant to blow some steam off and meant tongue in cheek. Like you said, if you don’t like it don’t read it or respond.

You’re just seeing the remnants of the threads after she took everything off or edited things out. Think what you want.

You seem to think that I just stumbled across her threads today, when in fact I have been following them practically from the beginning (along with sending her several PMs with options back in early April). Also, I never took any of her responses as being "indignant". I never got the impression that she was attempting "self promotion"; I believe she is a product of a newer era where styles may be different.

In addition and if I am not mistaken, some of the edits/removals in her past threads were actually handled by a forum moderator, as he (or she) tried to remove some of the unnecessary negativity thrown at her. However, Sharp64, feel free to keep digging your hole deeper and deeper; we'll see where it leads.

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

No holes being dug here. I’m sorry that you’re offended and it’s obvious by certain comments that I wasn’t the only one that felt her posts were annoying and contrived to gather attention.
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Not offended in the least, and to be honest; the vast majority of the threads/posts that can be found here on the samba are created to "gather attention". I would imagine that some of mine fall in that category. Welcome to the new world.

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

I believe most would infer from your comment that you were “seriously embarrassed” by how she was treated would indicate you felt the behavior offensive and therefore you would be offended.

Pointless disccussion is pointless.
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, and maybe that's part of the problem; somehow you have taken on the mantle that you speak for "most". I seriously doubt that to be the case. Publicly disagreeing with someone else's position, and publicly apologizing for the mindless actions of others does not equate to being "offended".

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

I was explaining my response, and therefore possibly others’ response. Nowhere did I claim to be the voice of the forum. It’s interestg how words can be twisted or meaning can be changed depending on our viewpoint.

I’m out.
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Hey everyone! Just posting an update with my project. As for the previous posts on this thread @gary0302 thanks for defending me and for taking the time to talk to this dude @sharp64. In all honesty I was promoting my channel so everyone can see my build and help me out with advice and information in a more efficient way since obviously I'm not always on this forum.

I already am used to @sharp64 and as for him and all his posts I just ignore him and think "Not today satan" from being called a "poor girl" to being told I will never finish my project I'm just tired of it and know it comes with the territory of having a cool ride and going online for help and to share. I'll privately DM you @gary0302 so we can keep in touch!

Here is my latest episode of Vintage Cruisn USA where I finally start my trials and tribulations with the carburetor.

Link

weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Maybe I missed something but they overhauled your carb and gave you back a car that barely runs?
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

First of all, very cool project, you should indeed follow your dream and complete it. My first bit of advice is to get this book, it will explain all things VW in an easy to understand way, with clear drawings that are very helpful. It’s an easy read and a good reference, and will help you understand the VW inside of your Phoenix. https://www.amazon.com/Keep-Volkswagen-Alive-Step-...5443527123

In terms of your carb, if its leaking through the throttle shaft bushing, a rebuild kit won’t fix it. You can do one of two things, have it rebuilt with a new machined bushing installed by Volkzbitz, which I have done and was very happy with the result. If you are in a hurry, you can replace it. I have purchased and am using a replacement EMPI carb, and despite what all the naysayers will tell you, it’s excellent and ran well with just minor tuning right out of the box. I’ve been running the EMPI carb in my Manxter dune buggy for two years, and haven’t touched it since I initially set it up. Many of the other Chinese made reproductions are poor copies of the orginal German carb, but the EMPI unit is well made, and even has a few improvements over the original.

https://www.volkzbitz.com

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C13%2D98%2D1225%2DB

Good luck with the project, it really is a cool vehicle.
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

weasel_ugs wrote:
Maybe I missed something but they overhauled your carb and gave you back a car that barely runs?

Yeah, they did Laughing the first mistake I did was go to a place I grew up in. That is my uncles shop and his workers are ignorant. I have more footage and more frustrating stuff happened. I am editing all of the footage to release it. Still I am having problems with my engines idling. I just don't talk to people on here because it's just toxic for me so I didn't bother to ask for help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: