Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mystix VW Phoenix (New video)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Realistic project?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
My apologies Mystic, my post was mistyped.

My post should have read we DON'T dislike you

Somehow the DON'T got lost in my editing. I am more than willing to help but don't want to sit through a video to see what's going on. I don't care if it's a year old or last week. Ask questions and a lot of us will answer your questions and try to help.

Again, I'm sorry if you felt put out or thought badly of. I should have reread my post more carefully before posting.

If I wasn't interested, trust me I wouldn't read or participate in your thread. There are lots of threads I haven't read and don't really care about, but this looked like a cool project.

My apologies, Brad

hahahaha You and the mods on here are a Joke.
How is it possible to have a typo where You miss the whole word don't, When Your energy was negative from the start?

Dude Just stop posting on Here
This is not a thread for You to bring Your diplomatic negative self.

The person has the vision they have, to put out the information, and questions progress restoration etc. how they please.

You say You don't dislike Her but From Reading all Your messages towards Her thread You don nothing but Hate on Her choices while supplying no Knowledge.

You already saying the car is not from the Movie total recall. How do You know its not? Do You own the car? Did You sell the Van to Her?
Yet You "Don't" Dislike Her huh?

I feel Bad for You Because I'm on the verge of buying a Phoenix real soon just waiting on the snow to clear, and I'm going to be putting Videos just like these to annoy You.

Lighten up and quit being Jerk bro. Provide some Light in this world instead of Making it darker.
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
I'm a little late to this party, but I finally found a pic of A Phoenix in Total Recall
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm unclear as to whether the car she has was actually in the movie, or is like the one in the movie.

From What I have read all the cars where destroyed and sold/kept by Arnold, and several Other actors and writers of the Movie.

We have a Taxi from the Movie down in Orlando Deezer Museum.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Timelessvehicles, Brad issued a public apology for his mistake and you have no reason to bash him.

I would like to remind both you that The Samba has a dedicated video section to promote your video art and adventures. It is in the General/Chat Forum as a stickie "Video Clips". This would be the correct place to post your video's and adventures about your Phoenix. There will be far more views of your video over on the other forum than here. This forum should be used for technical advise to actually ask questions and seek help about your VW.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202157

Last edited by vwracerdave on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Not all were destroyed (but you said that LOL)
Gene Winfield has one at his shop.
I stopped by there and checked it out one day on my way home from work.

BTW, the car above and all of the Johnnycabs were built on a bug chassis

and also this one came up for sale a while back
https://www.carscoops.com/2017/05/custom-car-from-total-recall-is-up-for/

and another VW based Taxi is at the Miami museum (is this the one you mentioned?)

https://www.themiamiautomuseum.com/1990-volkswagen-taxi-total-recall-movie-car-c-471.htm

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle

Last edited by slave1pilot on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Timelessvehicles wrote:
slalombuggy wrote:
My apologies Mystic, my post was mistyped.

My post should have read we DON'T dislike you

hahahaha You and the mods on here are a Joke.
How is it possible to have a typo where You miss the whole word don't, When Your energy was negative from the start?

Dude Just stop posting on Here
This is not a thread for You to bring Your diplomatic negative self.

The person has the vision they have, to put out the information, and questions progress restoration etc. how they please.

You say You don't dislike Her but From Reading all Your messages towards Her thread You don nothing but Hate on Her choices while supplying no Knowledge.

You already saying the car is not from the Movie total recall. How do You know its not? Do You own the car? Did You sell the Van to Her?
Yet You "Don't" Dislike Her huh?

I feel Bad for You Because I'm on the verge of buying a Phoenix real soon just waiting on the snow to clear, and I'm going to be putting Videos just like these to annoy You.

Lighten up and quit being Jerk bro. Provide some Light in this world instead of Making it darker.

Hey keyboard warrior, crawl back under whatever bridge you came from and stay there. You just look stupid criticizing an honest apology. I love you keyboard warriors, such heros. Here's every post I've made in this thread. Please point out the personal attacks on what she is doing.

You can get rid of that vacuum pot, it really isn't needed just plug the hoses going to it. Carb kits are available from any ACVW supplier.

As far as performance parts, do some time reading in the Performance section of this forum. From mild to wild you can build anything you want.
brad

The inw frim jbugs will be fine.
brad

Yup. People always underestimate how much work rebuilding a vehicle is especially if they havent done it before. Its a TON of work but when youre done theres nothing better than sitting back and looking at something you've built. There are moments of absolute anger, frustration, boredom, monotony, BUT you soon forget them when you're driving
Im looking at the 2 last projects i have, my '68 Ghia and my Bounty Hunter buggy and wondering if i have what it takes to see them through. Perhaps ill take a break after the race car is done and go play with my trains in the basement.
brad

Come on boys she's close on value. Thats only about 93,500 too much. It must be a joke. No one can be this delusional...........
brad

X2. As a 26 year mechanic I can tell you I saw a video of nothing but busy work, doing nothing but trying to look busy. Don't pay someone to learn about how a VW works, find a shop that knows and pay them or do it yourself.
brad

Have you ever done the basic for the tune up? The carb is ALWAYS the last thing looked at during a tune up. First, set the valves and make sure you gave good compression, if you don't have good compression stop there, no amount of tuning will mark a bad engine. Then make sure you ignition system is working properly, all parts are in top top shape and delivering a constant and consistent bright blue spark then, and only then do you look at the carb.

It doesn't surprise me those morons couldn't figure out what was wrong with your van, going by the video, I wouldn't let them change the air in my tires. And they sure as hell wouldn't last at any ship I was working at.
brad

Where do you find these guys. I only watched 30 seconds from the last 2 minutes and know I wouldn't jet this guy change my oil. He dunked your carb with a rubber diaphragm still in place (it's now destroyed) as well as your choke element so now your choke housing is full of caustic soda i skipped the first 20 minutes of shakey no content video and everything after the top going in and I can tell the guy is an IDIOT.......

I've never been negative to Mystic personally, the guys that work on her van, yes, they are morons. I have tried to be possitive, it is others on this thread that have badmouthed her, not me. I even questioned if it was her or not that posted the van for sale for a stupid amount.

And I know it's not the van from the movie, because it was said so earlier in the thread. Maybe you should learn to read bro.
That and get straight who said what before you come on here all fierce and politically correct and make a fool of yourself.

So please, tell me which post was negative towards Mystic, if not I think you owe me an apology, or are you not a big enough boy to admit you made a mistake?

Brad
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
Timelessvehicles, Brad issued a public apology for his mistake and you have no reason to bash him.

I would like to remind both you that The Samba has a dedicated video section to promote your video art and adventures. It is in the General/Chat Forum as a stickie "Video Clips". This would be the correct place to post your video's and adventures about your Phoenix. There will be far more views of your video over on the other forum than here. This forum should be used for technical advise to actually ask questions and seek help about your VW.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202157

vwracerdave, are you actually and publicly stating that Mystix does not have YOUR permission to post videos in this section? If you look above, you will see that the title of this forum is Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica; where in the heck does it say that "this forum should be used for technical advise to actually ask questions and seek help about your VW"?

As you create a post or respond to post in this section you can look above and see options for Vimeo and YouTube links. Get with the program.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Nice civil thread here. How long until it’s locked? Popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Moderator noted:
It's fine for her to post videos and updates in this thread dedicated to her vehicle.

Some posts with personal insults were removed, this is against the rules.

Let's get back to the topic of the actual vehicle.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Back to the vehicle...I really like it! Keep working at it and learning, it will be a very cool ride. I'd love to have one.
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:
Gene Winfield has one at his shop.
I stopped by there and checked it out one day on my way home from work.

BTW, the car above and all of the Johnnycabs were built on a bug chassis

and also this one came up for sale a while back
https://www.carscoops.com/2017/05/custom-car-from-total-recall-is-up-for/

and another VW based Taxi is at the Miami museum (is this the one you mentioned?)

https://www.themiamiautomuseum.com/1990-volkswagen-taxi-total-recall-movie-car-c-471.htm

NEVER SAID THEY DESTROYED ALL OF THEM You are too funny.

I specifically said some were destroyed and others were bought by the actors, writers, Director, and Movie personnel.

And I even mention one at the Deezur Museum. What is Your point? Rephrase Your post, you make no sense and Misquoting Me.

Last edited by Timelessvehicles on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Moderator noted:
It's fine for her to post videos and updates in this thread dedicated to her vehicle.

Some posts with personal insults were removed, this is against the rules.

Let's get back to the topic of the actual vehicle.

EXACTLY. THAN YOU LORD.
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

calebmelvin wrote:
Back to the vehicle...I really like it! Keep working at it and learning, it will be a very cool ride. I'd love to have one.

Dude I scored one out from Washington with no rust. I'm new to this site still, Posting photos seems to be a mission on here.
Timelessvehicles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

I wonder why the Mod doesn't just allow us to block other members. Surely This whole shit show would have never happened.

Thats why I NEVER start threads on this website. Its full of trolls who hate on anything that showcases information in a photo or video. Its like people on here don't want to advance in life. Yet I Bet they sit at home all day watching Youtube videos.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Timelessvehicles wrote:
I wonder why the Mod doesn't just allow us to block other members. Surely This whole shit show would have never happened.

Thats why I NEVER start threads on this website. Its full of trolls who hate on anything that showcases information in a photo or video. Its like people on here don't want to advance in life. Yet I Bet they sit at home all day watching Youtube videos.

You can block people on their profile page and you won't see their posts.
"Add to your ignore list"

Timelessvehicles wrote:
slave1pilot wrote:

NEVER SAID THEY DESTROYED ALL OF THEM You are too funny.

I specifically said some were destroyed and others were bought by the actors, writers, Director, and Movie personnel.

slave1pilot said that.
His text might be confusing, read it as
Not all were destroyed - you said that
or
You said that - not all were destroyed
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

yeah, I initially posted and stated that not all were destroyed, then I reread you post and realized that the second half of your sentence stated that.
I went back and edited later , but apparently it wasn't that clear.
Either way, I wasn't trying to get you worked up into the current tizzy you are in.
I was only trying to give some facts regarding the movie cars.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Honestly, this is something I deal with every-time I want to update everyone on my build. As I have said before my ethnicity and demeanor really puts me in positions where I receive a lot of aimless hate and passive aggression. Being someone who grew up during the technological revolution I have always documented myself to take advantage of how far us as humans have evolved.

My happy carefree demeanor is not because I am rich, not because I know what I am doing but because it's what keeps me alive. I work everyday to save up money for my build, and other things I invest my time in. I'm not using any-ones money or waiting for a handout. Do you see a gofundme link or ads on my videos? I don't have a following, I don't make money from this, this is something I am doing as a documentation of my experience as a newbie. I want to share my story with others just like others have shared with me.

I find it comical that although I was appointed this thread to update, share and ask questions about my build earlier someone still had the nerve to try to tell me what to do. This is the passive aggressive behavior I talk about, what is the need to tell me that without being an active part of the thread? Thanks to those that responded to the person. People find it easier to hate when it's a lot of people against one person and it's hard to be the one to stand up, so thanks..

Everyone tells me to share my story with the folks from here. To be honest, there are a lot of good people here and sometimes I spend hours lurking reading posts about other people builds and lives up to the build... I might not comment because I am not mechanically-savvy but I do read.

Just like everyone else posts on here.. I want the right to post here without having my whole thread go to poop.

My vehicle was made in front of someones driveway just like the kit was advertised in the original magazine it was featured on. From my knowledge there aren't many of the movie cars around, I like the movie a lot but my fascination with it isn't about that.

It's nice that someone found photos! I really enjoy seeing things from the 80s. I feel people were way more creative in that period of time. I feel like a lot of people in my generation don't have many original ideas.

Lastly, I was insistent on doing the things the original owner suggested but the mechanics diagnosed something different and told me it was more important to focus on my carburetor. I came ready but was misguided the whole way through, pretty comically sad.

Thanks again to everyone who responded for me. I honestly rather come here and see that my post with an update about my build was ignored instead of responses that are irrelevant to the topic and detrimental to the growth of the site.

I'm a young new owner and I sort of am a representative for my age group and demographic, soon more people my age will retire early and indulge in classics and some of us do things differently but all still want guidance. Keep an open mind. <3
MystixVintageCruisn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

calebmelvin wrote:

I love it but it being my first vintage vehicle it's such a handful! Do you have a bus?
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

MystixVintageCruisn wrote:
calebmelvin wrote:

I love it but it being my first vintage vehicle it's such a handful! Do you have a bus?

It is a steep learning curve because there is so much info out there from 60+ years of these things on the road. I love it though, there is always so much to learn!

Yeah, I've had a few buses. I have owned 20ish buses, 8 bugs, 3 buggies and some other random misfits. I started around your age (I assume) and flipped quite a few to help pay my way through college. Now I am old (35) and can only do one at a time or my wife will kill me. I am currently building a buggy with my son.

Don't get fed up here, most of your friction is that you are talking to people 40, 50, 60 years older than you. Its quite the generation divide. Plus, a lot of nuance is lost posting online. Something you might feel is passive aggressive is just their old man personality. haha
Cammie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Maybe under out names there should be written health warnings. e.g.
"Posts may contain crankiness, irritability, arrogance or downright rudeness" or "Don't drink and type". Shocked

Most people are here to help and learn from each other, though I'm sure there are egos at play. I don't think there is any hate here for you, in fact regarding your gender, ethnicity and demeanor I think people here really don't care and consider it irrelevant. I know its an important part of who you are, but here you're "the one with the Crazy VW Phoenix Bus" and that's just great! Cool

I must admit that on reading Slalombuggy's post I immediately thought "Oops! Thats not what you meant to type!" I believe it was a simple mistake, and easily done especially on a phone with predictive texting enabled.

Generally I have found VW people to be just too damn nice.

So ...back to getting that bus running well. You have our support and hopefully someone local can help out or advise on a decent garage.

Cheers,
Iain
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mystix VW Phoenix (New video) Reply with quote

Timelessvehicles wrote:

We're all guests in Everett's house - this Forum is presented due to his efforts. Play nice, Kids...

This Forum doesn't have to tolerate the ignorant. Plenty of helpful people on here, but the Youth of today want instant answers & tend to do little of their own research before asking questions. There isn't a lot of new info to be gleaned on a 60-70+ year-old car. And most of the people on the Samba Forums for years aren't trolls, nor are they out to take a dump on the noobs.

Have an issue with a Forum member? Block their posts - I use it regularly, mostly on the noobs.

Many people are too lazy to look up information on their own.

Slalombuggy, in my opinion, has been a good source of info here on the forum over the years.

bnc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: