Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help identifing a chasis
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Al
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Help identifing a chasis Reply with quote

Have a chassis with a tag that has CRP 2LW and a serial number. Anyone know who made it?

Googled 2LW and came up with Chenowth using 2LW, but I don't think it a Chenowth. CRP 2LW comes up with nothing??

The search also turned up my other buggy that has nothing to do with a Chenowth Smile

Thanks in advance,

Al
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifing a chasis Reply with quote

CRP= Chenowth Racing Products. Send a pic and we might be able to tell you if it is an early or late 2LW frame.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Al
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifing a chasis Reply with quote

Well, how about that.

Thank you, I'll upload a photo. I'm fixing a broken tube so it's apart. This makes two Chenowth rails I have. The other one is also apart. The other one is at a different location, I need to go look at it.

The tube that broke is between the left rear torsion bar tube and the rest of the chassis. Has the downward travel stop on it. I've had this rail out one time and then found the broken tube.

Again, thanks for the help.

Al
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifing a chasis Reply with quote

Yep hard to go wrong with a Chenowth frame.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifing a chasis Reply with quote

Agreed. I had two no-name local built midwest frames, and nothing on them made sense. Everything was in weird places and everywhere controls/shifters mounted were awkward to reach. Pedal pox mounting possibilities we're very limited and in the wrong place.

I have a Chenowth 2RL now, and if you close your eyes and reach for the wheel and the shifter and move your feet to the pedals everything is right where it feels it should be. Clearly laid out by someone who "got it." Sat in an older Funco too and it felt the same. Just "right."
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: