Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vitour whitewall tires
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Has anyone bought Vitour Galaxy R1 165-r15 whitewalls? Not much info or reviews on them. Look like a good tire at reasonable price.($74.00) Thinking about getting a set but want to know if they are any good.

https://www.performanceplustire.com/tires-for-sale...ts:165-15/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

That is a very good price. That's about half the price I've seen for whitewalls. How much is shipping? That might be the catch.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

The only white walls that I have seen that do not bleed through, or yellow are the ones added to tires from Diamondback. They will most likely be using a Nankang, or Nexen, and run around $200 each. For $530 difference, I suppose the Vitor ones are worth a try. Don't be surprised though if they turn yellow, or have brown splotches in them within a couple of years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Free shipping
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Are they radials? I didn't see anything regarding that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Are these chinese?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Not sure if I like the tread on those. Reminds me of the "Hi-Fly" tires that I ran and did not much care for on my Golf a while back.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Pretty sure they are radials. They don't look like bias
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

They are not much more than black walls. If the whitewall goes bad I can just turn it to the inside and run the black side out.
pb_foots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
Are these chinese?

Yes, Qingdao Vitour United Corp.

I thought Galaxy was owned by Yokohama, but Vitour Galaxy is a different thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Here is a little more info on the tires from the company website. http://www.xld-chip.com/mobile/5-0-30101-1.html
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

For $300 a set I would not even hesitate. Great job tipping us on that one.
I'd try them myself if I still needed them on a bug.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Don't be surprised though if they turn yellow, or have brown splotches in them within a couple of years.

I'm interested in .75" white walls... the only ones I've seen (in the close to stock size) are BFGoodrich Silvertown's ($156/per tire) https://www.cokertire.com/165r15-bf-goodrich-3-4-whitewall.html

Not sure about this tire's tread design and the white wall discoloring is def a concern but they're an option.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

bhartwell59 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Don't be surprised though if they turn yellow, or have brown splotches in them within a couple of years.

I'm interested in .75" white walls... the only ones I've seen (in the close to stock size) are BFGoodrich Silvertown's ($156/per tire) https://www.cokertire.com/165r15-bf-goodrich-3-4-whitewall.html

Not sure about this tire's tread design and the white wall discoloring is def a concern but they're an option.

Coker's are the most notorious for yellowing, and staining. Diamondback installs the white wall, so just because they may only have the most common size width listed in their catalog, they can easily create a custom width in blue, gold, red, or white. Not sure about the colors, but a recent inquire about getting a 1 inch ww on a tire size they had listed with a 2 1/4 was no additional cost.
johnboy715
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Just bought a set. 165R15. Fast shipping They look real nice. Not on the rims yet.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Not too bad tread design... more modern.

Sounds like you're going to use the whitewall side... post pics when you get 'em mounted
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Nice looking tires.
Good find.
Cool
74Shovel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

I saw a couple posts about the white wall discoloring. In the late '80s, when narrow white walls were still fairly common, I remember seeing large, white, crayon-like, sticks for sale at auto parts stores. These were specifically made for re-whitening your discolored white wall tires. I just looked them up and you can still get them from O'Reilly's Auto Parts. They are called Xtra Seal White Tire Crayon, and Trimbrite Opaque White Tire Pen. Another product available back then was Westley's Bleach White, which was made for cleaning the white walls. Bleach White is still available, but when I looked it up on the web I saw a video review stating the new stuff doesn't work like it used too. Finally, when I had my Jeep with raised white lettering on the sidewalls, I would use a hand-held scrub brush, along with good old fashioned soap and water to scrub them clean.

I hope this helps you guys keep you white walls looking fresh.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Buy some "Bleach White" from your local FLAPS and it will whiten any discolored white wall, just spray it on and wait a few min.s and hose off, does wonders.

P.S. don't let your wife drive it or she will RUB them on a curb Laughing
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Vitour whitewall tires Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
Buy some "Bleach White" from your local FLAPS and it will whiten any discolored white wall, just spray it on and wait a few min.s and hose off, does wonders.

P.S. don't let your wife drive it or she will RUB them on a curb Laughing

Just like when everyone thought Armor All was great to put on their tires, until the sidewalks cracked/turned brown, "Bleach White" is one of the things that actually CAUSES white walls to yellow.

Diamond Back suggests..."Castrol Super Clean, 409, Simple Green, Greased Lightning - just to name a few. Avoid cleaners that contain bleach".

The tires do look very nice.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: