Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1932 Lincoln Kit Car
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtr2006
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1932 Lincoln Kit Car Reply with quote

kitcarguy wrote:
Not all are factory built. I have spoke to the former owner of the company and he told me the factory built cars had the Bremen Tag right above the engine and the Title would say Bremen Mini Mark.

Interesting you mentioned the title. Not sure WTH is going on with mine, but it says SEBRIN on it as the Make. Model says MM1, obviously MiniMark1 I guess.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1932 Lincoln Kit Car Reply with quote

By the sounds of it you do not have a factory built model. It was most likely a home built and the title reads the way it does because the DMV decided how to do it.

There is some info that these cars were ONLY factory built but that is just not accurate. They were readily advertised in magazines as available as a turnkey. From the info I was was given by Dewayne around 500 of them were made in both kit and turnkey form. He admitted that they did not keep very good records of what they sold.

He went on to say a factory car will have a Title that will say Bremen Sport Equipment as the manufacture, and the Bremen data plate will be located under the engine cover. If that data plate is located in any other area and the title says VW or anything else it was most likely a kit.

Just to back up the kit/factory built debate I have included a scan from a kit car magazine about a guy who built 6 of them. And just in case anyone notices the type in the State Bremen Sport Equipment was in Indiana not Iowa Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

rtr2006 wrote:
kitcarguy wrote:
Not all are factory built. I have spoke to the former owner of the company and he told me the factory built cars had the Bremen Tag right above the engine and the Title would say Bremen Mini Mark.

Interesting you mentioned the title. Not sure WTH is going on with mine, but it says SEBRIN on it as the Make. Model says MM1, obviously MiniMark1 I guess.
[img][/img]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: