Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

PRP Seats
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzzfagan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: PRP Seats Reply with quote

Looking at ordering some PRP seats for my El Lobo Manx Clone. I know they have the 19” Roadster that will definitely fit but I wanted to see if I could get another to fit so I could have some other features and comforts of some of their other seats.

Has anyone fit any of their other seats in their buggy? How did it go? Any obstacles?

I don’t have a lifted body and am too far into it to do that now so that is not really an option.

Please post some photos of your seats if possible.

Thanks for your help!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: PRP Seats Reply with quote

Miata seats are often used. VW Bug seats are also but unless you shorten the frames you'll be sitting too high

Lots of seat threads in the archives

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc..._chars=200
Buzzfagan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: PRP Seats Reply with quote

Yeah just looking at PRP seats specifically
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: PRP Seats Reply with quote

We just installed a set of PRP Premier seats in our Manx. They contact the side walls of the tub, but they do fit. We had Empi seats of the same 22" width before, and the problem is that sand & dirt will get between the seat and side of the tub and wear thru the paint/gellcoat. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: PRP Seats Reply with quote

I bought a set of Corbeau seats once that were 21 inches wide......They were the most beautiful seats but try as I might I could not make them fit in my buggy without looking like they were wedged in.
My buggy is only 42 inches wide total so they took up all the space. I cried but I had to take them back and buy the PRP's.

The 19 inch PRP fits nicely but is only recommended for a 38 inch waste so they get a little tight if you are a person of larger frame.......

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: