Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

5 Vans for sale in Kingston, NY
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cek347
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: 5 Vans for sale in Kingston, NY Reply with quote

There are 5 Vanagons for sale in NY all by the same seller. Has anybody been to look at these? They look nice in pics and description. The prices are reasonable. I wonder why they have been for sale since last summer?

I've been thinking of heading up there but I don't want to waste my time on a long drive only to find out there is something wrong.
'17 Prius Prime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Umm...link(s)?

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
cek347
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Sorry, they are posted here in the classifieds.

Here is one of them

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2064589
'17 Prius Prime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

New York is a big place!

If in the Hudson Valley, maybe Dylans cleaning up? 🤔
And we all know that he doesn't sell anything, just announces that he has five of them .........

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

No one owns five vans and has nothing wrong. Lets get that straight. Count on something being wrong. Quite a few somethings actually. Now someone in the great state of NY needs to call in sick and get over there for some pics.
Im voting its Dave.
NW Jersey is close to NY.
No job to call in to
Vans running like a champ after a 17k
Does a great write up.

Take a day off from death house prep and get us some pics
???

Some of us need to go to work today Mad And its too cold in NY for me to even think about it.

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

I'm not actually sure why they haven't moved other than they are priced close to the market price but obviously higher than market as they aren't selling.
here's all his ads. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=firefighter44
the seller is listed as
Quote:

Advertiser: firefighter44
Name: Ben Corley
Phone: eight=four=fivetwofiveeight=0976

and they were 1st listed in June.. I know the ads because I was in the market for a Tornado red van this spring and bought one from LI in May.. (*seller here listed a Tornado red cheaper than the one I bought but with less condition too).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

I don't know about the vans but Mr. Firefighter has a fabulous shop/garage!!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

I'm not accusing this seller of anything, but if you are subsequently asked to Western Union a deposit for him to 'hold it' for you, don't.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

yeah, never do that no matter who the seller is. Also, a distance away from me and can't be available over the phone? Most likely not legit.

Those don't look like the usual scam ads, though.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

SELLER wrote:
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me at 845-258-0976 or email me if you get my voicemail PLEASE leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP

Think
mikemtnbike wrote:
yeah, never do that no matter who the seller is. Also, a distance away from me and can't be available over the phone? Most likely not legit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
SELLER wrote:
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me at 845-258-0976 or email me if you get my voicemail PLEASE leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP

Think
mikemtnbike wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out Dan. I really don't think those are scams and do not mean to imply that. If those vans were closer to me, I'd for sure go look at them.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Kingston about an hour south of me, driving by tomorrow....but doubt I could work into my schedule..
cek347
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

As of right now the plan is to head up Friday AM. I called and he said he was available. I thought maybe someone here might have dealt with him but I guess they are just too far out for anybody to bother?

I'll have to submit a report on the vans when I get back. Hopefully I'll be a van owner again.....been 9 years since I sold my '91 Orly Westy. One of the things that bothers me is he is not the actual owner so I need to make sure the title is on hand and signed. 3+ hour drive from phila area. Hate to not have the docs on ready.

And... I'll have to ship it home. They have been sitting for various lengths of time.
'17 Prius Prime
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Any update on this
cek347 wrote:
As of right now the plan is to head up Friday AM. I called and he said he was available. I thought maybe someone here might have dealt with him but I guess they are just too far out for anybody to bother?

I'll have to submit a report on the vans when I get back. Hopefully I'll be a van owner again.....been 9 years since I sold my '91 Orly Westy. One of the things that bothers me is he is not the actual owner so I need to make sure the title is on hand and signed. 3+ hour drive from phila area. Hate to not have the docs on ready.

And... I'll have to ship it home. They have been sitting for various lengths of time.

kevinhinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

I personally bought 2 syncro's from him in October. I can personally vouch for him as I saw many vanagons at his facility in Kingston, NY. He also has some more vans a short distance away including at least one more syncro.
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

Who? Does he have a name?
Got a bunch of syncros? Some people!

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
kevinhinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans in NY Reply with quote

His name is mentioned above with his phone number...Ben Corley. He is a fair and nice guy. Vans range from total projects to ones that need a little work to make reliable.
in_flame
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans for sale in Kingston, NY Reply with quote

Hello,

has anyone seen that bus:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2094318

What do you think about it?

Thank you!
kevinhinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Vans for sale in Kingston, NY Reply with quote

I saw the bus when I was there in October, but honestly didn’t give it a closer look since I was looking at other vans. I met with the seller this past weekend on unrelated business and he indicated that he still had the bus and more however was not getting much interest.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: