Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrismredsox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

I just saw your most recent video. You and your daughter are totally awesome - keep it up these are just great. Are you coming to Kelley Park show in April?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

chrismredsox1 wrote:
I just saw your most recent video. You and your daughter are totally awesome - keep it up these are just great. Are you coming to Kelley Park show in April?

Thanks Chris! I just tried to look up that show in the thread for shows and I don’t see it. Where can I find the 411 on the Kelley Park show?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chrismredsox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

I'll PM you with a bunch of info. Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

chrismredsox1 wrote:
I'll PM you with a bunch of info. Chris

THANKS! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chrismredsox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

My PM to you should be in your Samba.com inbox. Send me a quick reply if you don't mind when you get the chance to confirm you got it. Hope to see. you at the show! (and looking forward to the next video) Chris
chrismredsox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

When is your next episode of Vdubdummies coming out? Looking forward to it!
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

Soon! We’re hopeful pulling the motor this weekend to replace all the seals. Stay tuned! Cool
chrismredsox1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

So, how did it go? That's a big job!
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

Well, it wasn't necessarily pretty, but we got her out! What do you guys think...

Link

Coming soon is the video on installing a new clutch and main seal. Stay tuned!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

Great video!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Great video!

Thanks CT!
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

Very nice video. Watching it reminded me of some things I've done when removing the engine:

When disconnecting wires from engine, if you haven't already done this tons of times, it's a good idea to label each wire so you know where they go when it's time to reconnect.

I have found that removing one rear wheel makes it easier to scootch the engine out from under the engine sideways than trying to get it past the rear apron, and scootching it back in again when it's time to reinstall.

Some more thoughts: If you're going to drag the engine around on the ground as you're taking it out of the car, rest it on a sheet of plywood, so that the concrete doesn't damage the oil strainer studs.

If you're going to do engine pulls more often, one of these engine dollies is nice to have. You lower it onto the dolly and then you can roll it around.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.

Last edited by 79SuperVert on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
Very nice video. Watching it reminded me of some things I've done when removing the engine:

When disconnecting wires from engine, if you haven't already done this tons of times, it's a good idea to label each wire so you know where they go when it's time to reconnect.

I have found that removing one rear wheel makes it easier to scootch the engine out from under the engine sideways than trying to get it past the rear apron, and scootching it back in again when it's time to reinstall.

Haha. Vert, the timing of your post was unreal. I got everything hooked back up according to positives and negatives and red wires and black wires. Went to start her up. She turned over but wouldn’t fire. Came back and lifted the distributor cap to see smoke riding from my electronic ignition. Then immediately got the notification and read your post. This is why we’re the Vdub Dummies. We’re in the early stages of learning all this stuff. Now I know!!

Thanks for the response by the way. And great tip about taking a wheel off! I’ll try that next time.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

6 lovely ladies here. All were taught how to strike (not punch) except #5 who can pull boys' limbs off from the roots - 6 foot and all lean muscle - freakishly strong.
SeamusBlack32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Girl Slaps Dad In The Face - VW YouTube Channel Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
6 lovely ladies here. All were taught how to strike (not punch) except #5 who can pull boys' limbs off from the roots - 6 foot and all lean muscle - freakishly strong.

6 girls!?! My goodness. You’re a good man Charlie Brown.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: