Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

7” headlight
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bohdan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: 7” headlight Reply with quote

Looking to change my headlights to something else. Led or halogen. Is the Thing headlight seven inch? Would rewriting be required? Mighty obliged [/s]
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 7” headlight Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=638779&highlight=headlights
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: 7” headlight Reply with quote

Bohdan wrote:
Looking to change my headlights to something else. Led or halogen. Is the Thing headlight seven inch? Would rewriting be required? Mighty obliged [/s]

They are just the standard PAR56 highlight that was used on all cars with a two headlight system.

Back in the day when replacements only cost $1 apiece, I just used to replace them every two years to keep them nice a bright. Today with replacements costing many times that, going with an LED seems like a decent alternative.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 7” headlight Reply with quote

http://www.busdepot.com/0301600118
Hella H4 housings and you can get the brightest bulb you want.

I had some eBay special LED projector housings and they were amazing, look a little funny but really help aiming the light. After a while I slapped some HID bulbs in and they were bright as hell. I wouldn't go with the LED kits you see on here, they're just repackaged Chinese bulbs that aren't the greatest.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: 7” headlight Reply with quote

One thing to remember is that if you plan to run higher current lighting is that it would be better to control it through a relay.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: