Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body shops in Mexico
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cij911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Body shops in Mexico Reply with quote

I am looking to restore a 1965 Pontiac GTO and have this site to be very helpful (thank you Shane and others).

What I am trying to gather is information on body / paint shops in Mexico. There appear to be two that some have used, Los Ponchos & Los Panchos, yet given the years in business I cannot seem to find a lot of reviews on either. I am curious if folks have used other shops in Mexico, or one of the two listed, and the experiences. Thanks

Chris
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Body shops in Mexico Reply with quote

Los Ponchos thread is 8 years old & is the only Mexico autobody/paint info we have here. Take a trip to Tijuana & talk to some in person. Take good pictures of your GTO to show them. I had a couple cars upholstered there & was happy with the work/price. You do your own research & decision making in the End! Idea
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cij911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Body shops in Mexico Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Los Ponchos thread is 8 years old & is the only Mexico autobody/paint info we have here. Take a trip to Tijuana & talk to some in person. Take good pictures of your GTO to show them. I had a couple cars upholstered there & was happy with the work/price. You do your own research & decision making in the End! Idea

Mike - Thanks a ton, but I have to believe there have been many others and am just looking for folks to chime in. I plan on going to TJ next week and checking out a few places.

Which shops have you used for upholstery work ?

Thanks!
clarkster75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Body shops in Mexico Reply with quote

You can check all of these on F.Book
CB Classico's Autobody Shop N Restoration Tijuana, Mexico
has done beetles, and some good photos.

Kali kustoms of Tijuana
Automotive Restoration Service in Tijuana, Baja California
Emailed me right back, with a nice message, but not much in 2017/2018 with updated photos

mayabodyshop in TJ, .. has done Beetles and has recent photos

Thinking of taking my beetle down there.. .just not enough time to handle my house, 63 and teenager all at once...lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: