Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'72-74 Turn signal repair Plastic indicator cancel part vendor
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: '72-74 Turn signal repair Plastic indicator cancel part vendor Reply with quote

just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems

Cheap for a couple of bucks, means you may be able to fix those old indicator stalks
https://www.shapeways.com/product/43HKBQHEM/indica...arketplace

The little hammer can be busted too
https://www.shapeways.com/product/4245BL4JY/flash-cancel-hammer?optionId=64604212

Sorry guys I messed up the link the first time

Thank you
edited subject title so it would be easier to search for.
Tcash

Last edited by nilza on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mygreenbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

How may we ask?
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

My guess is that Nilza will 3d print the part in the switch box that cracks. If that is the case, we will need a good write up/pics of the inside of one of these evil bastards. I tried to open a broken one, and a mini explosion of parts went all over, with no hope of me putting them back where they belonged. maybe I opened it upside down, and they wanted to pop out, I don't know. that's why we would need a write up
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Sorry guys I messed up the link the first time,

They are indeed a pain to fix, at least if you are game to give it a go you can get hold of the parts for a few bucks now.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Oh baby, that would be great!!

Do you only need one to fix it? Because I plan to order right away!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lil Lulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Now THAT is cool.

'72 Deluxe - Niagara Blue w/pastelwiess Camper Special 2L dual 40 Webers 002

'74 Hightop Weekender "Dixie" 1800 34 Del singles
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:

Just one westyman,

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4245BL4JY/flash-cancel-hammer?optionId=64604212

And the 3rd part (which is less common) is the main part that the stalk is attached to. I dont have this modeled up yet.

We haven't got too much testing on these yet, but thought would make them available though shapeways for the brave to play around with.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

damnit, I will give it a another go with one of my cores. I will take a pic or two, as well. pieces ordered
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

nilza wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:

Just one westyman,

And the 3rd part (which is less common) is the main part that the stalk is attached to. I dont have this modeled up yet.

We haven't got too much testing on these yet, but thought would make them available though shapeways for the brave to play around with.

Is the cancel hammer a part of the other? Or would I need to order both in order to complete a repair?

(I'm assuming all those plastic pieces need replacing!)

For 8ish bucks, I'm more than willing to give it a try!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

both would be all new plastics in the unit.
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
damnit, I will give it a another go with one of my cores. I will take a pic or two, as well. pieces ordered

Awesome! Thank you
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

nilza wrote:
alman72 wrote:

Awesome! Thank you

The Beginning Of A New Day.
Colin
(hey, how about a set of Mercedes M117 timing chain guides?)
(heck, how about a helical spiral odometer gear set for a '90 Lexus LS400??)
MikeyM73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Hi all,

So I have a '73 and was told (I have no idea) that '73 is a "one year only" part.. so would this work on mine (because it needs darn near everything)?

New guy, here, familiar with all things automotive but am learning every day about our newish (to us) resto bus.

Thanks,
Mikey
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

^yup. for 73. Saying one year only is kind of not correct, but it is the only year that is a full year. I have seen a few late 72 and early 74
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Alrighty, I just ordered both pieces. Excited to give this a try!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
ElSketchmobile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Any updates/feedback?
009 Distributor with electronic ignition
kaiisons
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: '72-74 Turn signal switch repair Reply with quote

I worked with @Nilza on this unit here in Australia and its currently operating perfectly in my 1973 bus.

'72-74 Turn signal switch repair parts

Link

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MikeyM73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

Greetings all. Guys, how do I get one or all of these parts? Can anyone tell me if the stalk can be reattached to whatever it originally attached to? Ummm.... and how?

Thanks much,
Mikey
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

MikeyM73 wrote:
Greetings all. Guys, how do I get one or all of these parts? Can anyone tell me if the stalk can be reattached to whatever it originally attached to? Ummm.... and how?

Thanks much,
Mikey

link in 1st post to order. And is sounds like you have other problems if your stalk is in your hand. What did your mother tell you about handling it too rough? I don't think you will know until you get in there. Units are rare, so you are prob just going to have to order the parts, and open up the indicator when it shows up and see hat you have going on. If you cant fix it, I can give you a stalk if you cover shipping. It wont be pretty.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: just an FYI for those with '72-74 indicator problems Reply with quote

I just rebuilt 2 of these. what a nightmare, but they seem to be working. I will test them someday.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: