Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keary_lewis0303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

does anyone sell the seat rails that mount to the floor pans? One side of my pan they must have been cut out and i can't find the replacement to use oe seats. This offs the part that is welded to the pan that the seats slide on to. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

these?
http://www.mamotorworks.com/VW/product/56-70-track-seat-one-seat_314036

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
turbotype1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113701421D
This new fad of get it the lowest, or run it with the worst looks, (patina) isn't cool, it's for the hey everyone look at me crowd, i'm driving a beat down ratty, unsafe, VW, how cool am I ???...your not....

Pissing off the purists since 1997

Wanted: Boyd Motors plate frame

57 Turbo Oval Sliding rag
67 13 window delux walk-thru- now 21
64 all original for the misses
83 Sinka m-TDI diesel
keary_lewis0303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

perfect, thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

Yes ...you can buy repro floor rails ....but they're not as strong as originals. Most people cut off the old rails and weld them onto new pans.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Can you purchase the seat rails from anywhere? Reply with quote

Im getting a set of the Wolfsburg West ones above. Does anyone know how they compare?

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: