Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sliding Door Panel
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitoMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have this cool sliding door panel that I just removed so that I can clean up the latch hardware. While I’m at it I’d also like to refurbish/recondition this door panel.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I really like the industrial look and especially the wood slats, it fits my bus perfectly. I was thinking I’d remove the wood slats and sand them down and lightly stain them. But I’m not sure what to do with the panel itself. It’s been crushed in a couple of spots. Not sure whether to paint or cover with vinyl or what.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is reproducing the grey commercial cardboard panels for the commercial buses but then again, I have never looked.....

were it me, I would buy the werksberg panels, color map them and dye/paint them the same color as the originals. save the old stuff just because....

looks like a pretty nice panel there!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Lil Lulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

I agree the werksburg panels are great, but If you want to make them grey and depressing you can just paint them with a picture of your mother-in-law. 😝

'72 Deluxe - Niagara Blue w/pastelwiess Camper Special 2L dual 40 Webers 002

'74 Hightop Weekender "Dixie" 1800 34 Del singles
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

Clara makes some outstanding interior panels, she has done some bay stuff in the past, ask her: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2068718

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Vee Dub Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

Werksberg is offering grey panels now I believe.. At least for the split crowd, which means to me it would be possible to make a bay slider panel with the same material.

I have all Werksberg panels in my Bus, and love them. Good fit and finish, and highly durable.

67 Beetle (TBD)

74 Transporter (EJ25 Swapped) - Build Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

See all my VW pics on Instagram @ vee_dub_nut
Lil Lulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

I agree with VeeDubNut. The panels are excellent. You just have to go through fleabay and that’s a pain sometimes. He hates it too. He’s a one man show and it can take awhile.

'72 Deluxe - Niagara Blue w/pastelwiess Camper Special 2L dual 40 Webers 002

'74 Hightop Weekender "Dixie" 1800 34 Del singles
TitoMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up making a new panel that mimics the look of the original. I’m happy with how it turned out, it stays true to the original look of the Bus. I might add some more interior panels with the same design.

stevespeirs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

TitoMX wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up making a new panel that mimics the look of the original. I’m happy with how it turned out, it stays true to the original look of the Bus. I might add some more interior panels with the same design.

That looks really good. Nice work!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

looks good
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sliding Door Panel Reply with quote

Vee Dub Nut wrote:
Werksberg is offering grey panels now I believe.. At least for the split crowd, which means to me it would be possible to make a bay slider panel with the same material.

I have all Werksberg panels in my Bus, and love them. Good fit and finish, and highly durable.

I have been offering Grey ABS split and Vanagon panels since April 2017 and added the Bays over a year ago. That makes 135 master panels / inventory.... times 2 colors.....

It took me 6 months of dealing with a couple ABS sheet makers to get the correct shade of Grey for the sheets.
Only took the knock off companies a month after they secretly bought a grey panel from me to find the supplier..... Rolling Eyes

I would rather customers buy off here on The Samba so they can save $'s but too many buyers on here don't know how to make payments on Paypal and take the easy way out at GreedBay.

"eBay charges us sellers a monthly posting fee, when an item sells....10% of the selling price, PLUS 10% of the SHIPPING FEES plus PayPal fees too which is in the shipping costs.

And they don't refund me the shipping % if we refund the customer on shipping over charges."

So buy from me thru The Samba Ads.... Wink

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: