Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Super Bowl LII
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Chili's on...
I love Philly, but go Pats!

(Flame retardant suit ON)

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Why,what's today?

February 12th, pitchers and catchers report for the Mets.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

when in philly, i prefer Chubby's Steaks over pat's, sorry.
damn, now i want a cheesesteak. Sad

http://www.springtrainingcountdown.com/#sthash.qjAFecUZ.dpbs
yep.

Link

obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Dislike both teams and wish it could end in a tie. My only hope is that Brady and Belicheck both wind up on their backsides. I haven't watched NFL in 3 years other than the super bowl because my Wife wants to see the commercials.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

At least she gets to see the commercials, here in Canada the commercials are substituted for lame boring Canadian ads. It's claimed that we get to see the US ads this year, but the cable companies are in court even today trying to get that overturned in a last minute attempt to gain some ad revenue.

As for the football?, Meh....., I haven't been paying attention all season, why start now?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Stopped supporting the NFL after the kneeling thing. I’ll check the score tomorrow morning to see if I won anything from the pool at work.
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

For some reason I bet against the Pats last year. I will never do that again. Looking forward to a good game and spending time with my inlaws.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Stopped supporting the NFL after the kneeling thing. I’ll check the score tomorrow morning to see if I won anything from the pool at work.

That constant Patridiot BS gets old, when there are actually important Government/Spending/Society issues that they are constantly avoiding! Rolling Eyes
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

With no dog in the fight (Eagles/Vick jab there), my expectations are deflated (yeah, Brady bash), I just hope for:
1) Good, close, high-scoring game.
2) Good Commercials.
3) Great food and company.
4) Decent half-time show.
5) No power outages.
873) Who wins.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

I rather work on my cars.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
I rather work on my cars.

It was 40*F so I went for a 50 mile ride. I'll most likely be asleep by halftime.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Who cares? Roll Tide!! Wink
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

X2

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T3man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

far rider wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

X2

If you don't know the law or the rules, you focus on bullshit like not standing for the flag and let real issue skip right on by you! Then you call yourself a patriotic or patriot!
1969 Bahama Yellow camper bus
2170 Silver Alien space ship. Leaks Nuclear waste!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

It's the WhoCaresBowl. I don't think any SuperBowl has generated less interest for me. At least ONE of the underdogs needed to make it in here. I can't root for either team-- Pats because of Brady's media attention-whoring ass (InflateGate is over so let's drum up a new controversy about a radio DJ's comments) and Philly because of their demonic fucking fans. I bet NBC is pissed that either Jax or Vikes didn't make it (specially the Vikes, would have loved to see them host.)
I'm going to love reading tomorrow how viewership was down 46% for this travesty

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

So a bunch of guys were praying--------what's wrong with that? Confused
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

T3man wrote:
far rider wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

X2

If you don't know the law or the rules, you focus on bullshit like not standing for the flag and let real issue skip right on by you! Then you call yourself a patriotic or patriot!

Don’t need you to decide if Im patriotic or not

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Wow. I agree with sb001.

I'll be at my friend's place, hanging out with folks I like, eating damn good wings made by the host, drinking good beer, and occasionally glancing at the TV. In my Vikings t-shirt.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

far rider wrote:
T3man wrote:
far rider wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:

X2

Don’t need you to decide if Im patriotic or not

Let's move on... before this gets out of hand.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Let's move on....

It’s halftime, thought you were gonna be asleep by now. Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: