Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Super Bowl LII
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Popcorn Popcorn
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Wow. I agree with sb001.

I'll be at my friend's place, hanging out with folks I like, eating damn good wings made by the host, drinking good beer, and occasionally glancing at the TV. In my Vikings t-shirt.

Do Vikings shirts come with "Choking Hazard" warning labels? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

WOW! The Eagles won!!!!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

I'm glad the Eagles won, I'm from PA.

Interesting though that maybe because of the worldwide backlash about Steelers' Jesse James TD ruled "not a catch" Dec. 17 v. Patriots, think NFL had no choice but to award 2 very similar instances to the Eagles and not in Patriots favor.

Too many feel Patriots were in bed with NFL, think ruling these in favor of Patriots would've really fueled the conspiracy theory more.

Even the announcers got those reviews opposite as to what was decided, and Collingsworth exclaimed "I give up, I have no idea".
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Yep, the Pats lost....
Now Bradey will be too old & slow, replay that poor dropped pass to him VS. the one to Foles for the score.... 5 and 3 in EIGHT SUPER BOWLS.... Twisted Evil
I did think it was a good game, Pats defense sucked, this is why I NEVER bet on sports....

As far as the "the NFL is dieing because of the kneeling" stuff, how many MILLIONS still watched the game, people paying $5 million for 30 second ads ?? Yea , it's on the way out .... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Wow. I agree with sb001.

I'll be at my friend's place, hanging out with folks I like, eating damn good wings made by the host, drinking good beer, and occasionally glancing at the TV. In my Vikings t-shirt.

Do Vikings shirts come with "Choking Hazard" warning labels? Razz

Laughing My shirt is a hand-me-down that is likely 20 years old. So, probably had the warning label cut out.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:

Even the announcers got those reviews opposite as to what was decided, and Collingsworth exclaimed "I give up, I have no idea".

Too much noise where I was watching it to actually hear the commentators, but I thought both Eagles TD reviews were correct. And I have no dog in the fight, nor did I care who won.

There were certainly some pass interference calls that did not get called, surprisingly. And those went both ways.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Honestly the Ads were off this year. The NFL really had to reach out a long way to get Ads. Movie trailers come on. Half time was interesting.
Over all the game was good and close that is all I ever want to see is a good close game. Don't care who wins. I hope the Steelers never get to a bowl game.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Wow, what a game. I'm sad my side lost but kinda happy for all my friends in Philly who are big Eagles fans, its a great day for them, I'm sure it'll be a hell of a party there!

The "is it a catch or not" thing is my biggest knock on the NFL. A QB can blatantly toss the ball into the stands to avoid a sack, many instances during the season where I thought FOR SURE they would call intentional grounding, and then NOTHING, but a guy can leap thru the air like Superman, pull the ball down and twist his body around for a catch, but if there's a split second where he doesn't have "control" of the ball it's not a catch? Just BS man. That Eagles touchdown where the guy lost it but caught it again in the end zone....I was fighting OTHER Pats fans about how it shouldn't matter...if anything it'd be a fumble and a recovery in the end zone. The other one they looked at Collinsworth/Michaels thought for sure would get called back cuz his foot was on the line, but he had a foot down WHEN HE CAUGHT THE BALL, and then got the other one down. They started debating the minutia of "well when he caught it did he have possession yet, etc" and Collinsworth gave up after the commercial break, essentially tossing his hands in the air. NOBODY understands the GD rule, they need to get that straight this off-season, and maybe loosen up on what they can call intentional grounding.
/end NFL rant.
The whole game was over when they strip-sacked Brady. There was NO DEFENSE on either side, total shootout. If that strip hadn't happened at the end of the game I have no doubt the Pats would have scored, they were unstoppable in the 2nd half. In the end defense wins games a majority of the time. That was the time and place and Philly rose to the occasion.
We'll see how the city fares when the partying is over!

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

I agree with you on the control call. The refs play and replay the angles in Slo-Mo to review- but in real time he (as many others have) had control. From that height and speed, landing without opening up the right arm for the landing could have resulted in quite an injury.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Post-game wrap up:

KTPhil wrote:
With no dog in the fight (Eagles/Vick jab there), my expectations are deflated (yeah, Brady bash), I just hope for:
1) Good, close, high-scoring game.check
2) Good Commercials.sub-par
3) Great food and company.check
4) Decent half-time show.very good, liked the Prince homage
5) No power outages.close call... one 30-second commercial slot was black and silent!
873) Who wins.didn't care, but man, there is already talk of trading Foles... not even 24 hours later!
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Post-game wrap up:

KTPhil wrote:
With no dog in the fight (Eagles/Vick jab there), my expectations are deflated (yeah, Brady bash), I just hope for:
5) No power outages.close call... one 30-second commercial slot was black and silent!
873) Who wins.didn't care, but man, there is already talk of trading Foles... not even 24 hours later!

My cousin had an interesting theory on the 30 second blacks screen: He thought it was some kind of weed-related ad that would only show in states that had legalized pot. Then I reminded him we were in MA and told him to put the pipe down! Laughing
That WAS weird though...
Uh...the commercials were.....lame? This year? Am I crazy? Didn't see too many that I thought were good, the Tide ads didn't even show kids eating Tide pods and seizing...terrible. That was good opportunity for them to sneak in a PSA about not eating their product. Oh well. I did enjoy the Han Solo trailer...

Trading Foles makes sense to me, he now has trade value, everyone wants a good QB and he's got a ring. That aside he is still a backup. I feel like the Eagles still want Wentz to be their man. If they ditch Foles and Wentz ends up flopping when he comes back, that'll be the most Philly thing ever. Foles goes on to win 3 more titles with...Cleveland lets say. It will be interesting to say the least.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
If they ditch Foles and Wentz ends up flopping when he comes back, that'll be the most Philly thing ever. Foles goes on to win 3 more titles with...Cleveland lets say.

That would make me very happy. Always root for the underdog!
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

Other than being a good game, the best part was kickoff at 630 instead of later. I watched the whole thing instead of going to bed at half time.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

You could put 50 different QBs on that Philly team, and they would win. That is a great team top to bottom, and coaches that do not play scared. Even Bortles could have won that game.....okay, I've gone too far, he does suck.

I am second guessing Wentz, is he that good? That Eagles team is amazing. We did this years ago with Cowboys, Dak this, Dak that....then league figures out who they are, did not even make playoffs.

That was a great Superbowl, Patriots went down like the champions they are, almost winning it anyway. Over 600 yds offense and lose, only team in NFL history to do that. Over 500 passing yds for Brady, a true gem.

Foles is a backup...and for a reason, he is not changing a bad team, he lucked out on a great team. Happens....Foles SB champion, Dan Marino is not, that is the NFL.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
Post-game wrap up:

KTPhil wrote:

My cousin had an interesting theory on the 30 second blacks screen: He thought it was some kind of weed-related ad that would only show in states that had legalized pot. Then I reminded him we were in MA and told him to put the pipe down! Laughing
That WAS weird though...
Uh...the commercials were.....lame? This year? Am I crazy? Didn't see too many that I thought were good, the Tide ads didn't even show kids eating Tide pods and seizing...terrible. That was good opportunity for them to sneak in a PSA about not eating their product. Oh well. I did enjoy the Han Solo trailer...

Trading Foles makes sense to me, he now has trade value, everyone wants a good QB and he's got a ring. That aside he is still a backup. I feel like the Eagles still want Wentz to be their man. If they ditch Foles and Wentz ends up flopping when he comes back, that'll be the most Philly thing ever. Foles goes on to win 3 more titles with...Cleveland lets say. It will be interesting to say the least.

The best commercial was probably MLK selling Dodge trucks Very Happy
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Other than being a good game, the best part was kickoff at 630 instead of later. I watched the whole thing instead of going to bed at half time.

yer damn right! I still can't believe after all these years they still have the game on Sunday rather than Saturday. Half my office called in sick today. I should have too tbh, i am nursing a hangover on the clock, talkin to you guys..... Laughing

asiab3 wrote:

crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

The Pats had a bunch of calls go there way this season, a guy I work with mentioned how we would get hosed at a crucial time, I say shit happens, at least they were in it to the end. I DVR just about everything I watch, skipped 75% of the commercials, and I never watch the half time stuff, so it was a good fat paced game... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

As a Pats fan I thought the first "catch" could have gone either way. I was certainly not riled up when he went in favor of Philly. The second one was clearly a touchdown as the player was indeed a runner.

Brady did great. Record for passing yards in a Superbowl. Can't ask for anything else. Pats had the ball at the end of the game with over 2 minutes....as a Pats fan you can't ask for much more than that.

The defense was terrible. Philly marched down the field at will.

End of the day it really came down to Philly making more plays than the Pats.

Awesome game with good friends and lots of laughs. What else matters?
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl LII Reply with quote

I am interested in knowing why Butler was sidelined before the game. He is an important part of that NE defense. To disrupt things before a big game is interesting.

You just do not see NE defense give up big plays like that...in big games. They give, but do not give like that. Belichick has some questions to answer about that.

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: