Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Steve, fair enough, I am a big prick with a chip the size of a railroad tie on my shoulder (love that phrase). Anyway, long day. Cheers! Have a great weekend.
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

What is "The Vert"? Green? French for green?
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

it's slave, not Steve.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Why SLAVE?

And why do you refer to me in the third person?

And what possessed you to critique a stranger about his personality? What is your point in that? I find it rather fascinating.
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

What did Saint Patrick say as he was driving the snakes out of Ireland?

He took one hand off the wheel, looked over his shoulder and said: "Are ye alright in the back there, lads?"
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Eric Marshall Green wrote:
Why SLAVE?

And why do you refer to me in the third person?

And what possessed you to critique a stranger about his personality? What is your point in that? I find it rather fascinating.

If you are truly interested in knowing why it's slave, here ya go:
almost 15 years ago, I started getting into building costumes and dressing as Star Wars characters for charity, media events, tv,and movies as a hobby.
I needed a screen name for forums and basic interwebs usage.
One of my favorite SW characters is Boba Fett (a Bounty Hunter), and most iterations of that name were already taken and used by others, so I needed to come up with something else.
so...
Boba flies a ship called the "Slave1"
Therefore, he is the pilot
slave1pilot wasn't being used, so I started using that. It stuck with me and many in my group refer to me as slave (both online and in person).

I referred to you in the third person in my earlier post because I was addressing the group and not you personally.

You came in here playing the victim and bashing an entire group of people on another forum (which some here have cross-membership) in an attempt to garner support from this one. So I decided to read the thread on the 356 forum to see if you were justified in your opinion of that group and whether or not I should rally behind you.
I then posted my thoughts and also included the possibility that you weren't really like this in person, but rather playing a role on the forum.
Hopefully, the latter is true.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Slave, I also read the postings on the Registry. I am not surprised that the "welcome mat" was not rolled out, given Mr. Green's demeanor.
The tribute car he has built is a replica 356, and even on this forum, replica discussion is supposed to take place in the "Kit car" category, NOT the "356" category, something that Mr. Green has somehow overlooked. Confused
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

I am not building a "kit car." Nothing could be more the opposite.

I have been creating a 356 work of art as a memorial for my father's legacy with 356s, which will never be repeated. Not many 356 enthusiast's fathers were friends with Ferry Porsche. And his first car was very early and very special. 11560 was unique.

I have considered my 356 creation over a 40 year period and every bit, be it mechanical or aesthetic, has been carefully worked out by me. Most of the materials are the equal of Reutter-built 356s, and my car's quality, fit and finish far exceeds most restored 356s. It will, of course, out perform any actual or restored 356 easily.

Why not go here and watch the six short videos and then make up your own mind:

http://quantumrun356.com/

And NOW time to watch the first MotoGP race of the year LIVE from Qatar in the desert!

(Slave, thank you for the name explanation. My father and I watched the first Star Wars movie in 1979? when it was only a week old. We had never heard anything about it, expecting nothing. I am a HUGE fan of Blade Runner. That movie blew my mind. Also saw it in Montreal on a GIANT screen. That opening scene was AMAZING in 1982. Sadly, my father was already dead and never saw it.)
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Call it a kit car, a replica, a replicar, a tribute, an inspiration - whatever you like, but a 356 it is not.
You may have been creating a 356 inspired work of art , but not a 356

As an artist, I'm sure you understand the difference between an original and a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

As an artist, I do. That's why I KNOW this is an original. Once a 356 has been restored it is no longer a real 356 Porsche by Porsche. It is only equal to the abilities of the restorer. If the paint all falls off the Mona Lisa, and some hack artist repaints it using photos of the original, is it still by Da Vinci? Of course not! Only a factory original car is worth anything, the reconditioned cars are just fakes.

My interior is custom created by the best guy in the world, as good as Reutter ever was. Everything is hand-fitted, just like Reutter did it. Every texture and color was considered carefully by me over a 40 year period. I spent 4 months formulating that body color. The leather was custom dyed and carefully chosen. The badging and engine detailing is being done by DK, the best detailer in the business.

Blah, blah, blah. But hope you understand my point. Besides, I will never attend a car show. I will just drive the living piss out of the thing!

My wife designed the Green tartan plaid and wove the seat inserts. The first five-fold plaid was ever accomplished.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Once a 356 has been restored it is no longer a real 356 Porsche by Porsche. It is only equal to the abilities of the restorer. If the paint all falls off the Mona Lisa, and some hack artist repaints it using photos of the original, is it still by Da Vinci? Of course not! Only a factory original car is worth anything, the reconditioned cars are just fakes.
Well, there you have it folks. You heard it here first. According to world famous author and artist Eric Marshall Green's definition, the Mona Lisa is a FAKE!!! That's right, as it has had reconditioning/restoration work several times over the years, including frame repairs/modifications/replacement, paint touchup, and more, done by "hacks", not by Da Vinci. Which brings up another interesting question.
As many of you may know, it is possible to send an genuine 356 to Germany for restoration in Porsche's own shop. After the original manufacturer is finished reconditioning, is it now "just a fake"? Mr. Green says so. Poor Porsche, wasting all that time and money building a museum to house all their "fakes".
Beyond that, Mr Green's car appears to be worthless as well, since "Only a factory original car is worth anything...".
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Jacks, you really need to learn how to read and comprehend what you read. No intelligent person can communicate with idiots. I'm not going to be the first to attempt it in vain.

Any new correct concept is met with massive resistance at first. If I didn't have a valid point, no one would bother attacking me. After all, Copernicus was burnt at the stake.

At least you should know that Reutter built the 356s that were great, not Porsche. Once William Reutter sold out, the quality went down.

Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

As an artist, I do. That's why I KNOW this is an original.
My interior is custom created by the best guy in the world, as good as Reutter ever was. Everything is hand-fitted, just like Reutter did it. Every texture and color was considered carefully by me over a 40 year period. I spent 4 months formulating that body color. The leather was custom dyed and carefully chosen. The badging and engine detailing is being done by DK, the best detailer in the business.

Blah, blah, blah. But hope you understand my point.

I get that.
It is an original, I am not disputing that.
A shining ten point example, but not a 356.
All of the description may be true, again, I am not disputing that.
It will likely be a killer car, but it will never be a 356.

That is all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
...something that Mr. Green has somehow overlooked. Confused

Yet he lectures you about reading comprehension Rolling Eyes Apparently he is going to remember his father by annoying people on the internet.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

(Slave, thank you for the name explanation. My father and I watched the first Star Wars movie in 1979? when it was only a week old. We had never heard anything about it, expecting nothing.

Star Wars was released here in the states on May 25th, 1977. (A month later in Canada) it was a long time ago , it’s easy to get the dates wrong.
We were all blown away and hadn’t seen anything like it before . At least I (as a 9 year old kid) hadn’t when I went To see it back in 77

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
captcory
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

The title of this thread " looking for information on My Father's 1952 356" Is accurate and should be kept in the 356 section of the samba forums. And if anyone has information that will help Mr. Green find any info on his father's real porsche, please post here.

On the other hand: the post started by mr. green https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=694708
should be moved to the kit car section as the replacar/tribute whatever car is not a genuine porsche. If mr. green can post a copy of the title that states the manufacture as porsche then I will be corrected. I made a comment on the other post to the moderators to move it to the kit car section, but my post was removed.

Please lets keep the porsche356 section to what it is intended to be... not other makes/and or models.
356pre-a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

And my search is over. The vin number is my father's car. I have certain friends as well.

based on?
John Hearn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

My mistake, sorry.
John

Last edited by John Hearn on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

John Hearn wrote:
How can you show a photograph of you in 1963 when you admit you were one week old when you watched Star Wars in 1979..................

He stated above the movie was a week old:
Quote:
My father and I watched the first Star Wars movie in 1979? when it was only a week old.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

I was born in 1956. Look it up. I'm the artist from Belfast, Maine, my work is in many museums and certainly online. What I do not understand is why all the doubt and nastiness? Frankly, it makes absolutely no sense to me. It must have been 1977 when I saw the first Star Wars movie with my father. Notice the question mark after the date? But why do you all seem to care so much? A mystery.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: