Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

This has been a 30 year search. I thought I had the vin number, finally, but the Registry piraņas created doubt. Waiting for CAO for number 11560.

The story: It was the first Porsche in Canada and the 8th 356 in N. America. It was NOT purchased through Hoffman but directly from Ferry Porsche. It was a specially prepared racer with 1500S engine and aluminum doors, hood, and engine lid. Blue leather and corduroy interior.

LOTS of photos here: http://quantumrun356.com/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Eric Marshall Green on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

On the 356 Registry I encountered any number of doubters that my father owned the first Porsche in Canada ordered directly from Ferry Porsche. That group even recommended throwing me in an insane asylum, which I think is overkill. My one hope is that I get to meet some of these lovely detractors just for a few minutes face to face. It will not take long, believe me.

Anyway, this article was in the 1977 issue of Christophorus magazine No.141, June. Check it in case you think I made this up as well. As you know, Porsche fact checks everything before printing. Cheers and happy 356 drives:

Last edited by Eric Marshall Green on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Anyone who cares please feel free to share this (THE ABOVE) with the piranhas over on the 356 Registry.

And I am a published writer: https://www.amazon.com/LiveCell-Eric-Green/dp/1937...=&qid=
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Just a little something for my great pals at the 356 Registry. Cheers! From 1951. This began sports car racing in Canada. Created by my father's great genius friend Jack Luck. "I'm here, Dad! Give it time."
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Great to see that the dummies at the Registy are still going at it. Im sure The same dummies are still spewing their asshatery.

Good luck with your search.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Amazing, eh? Why would they want to deny someone their legacy? What happened to the benefit of the doubt? Innocent until proven guilty? What happened to the American way of thinking? Who are these people anyway? A bunch of Nazis?

Yeah, I resign from the site as an attempt to calm them down, and they still continue to rail against me when I cannot defend myself. VERY disappointing behavior for adults. Sandbox bullshite!

Thanks for the support, Wiggy!

I have a 1963 bug. Your 1951 sounds tits!
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Eric Marshall Green wrote:
Amazing, eh? Why would they want to deny someone their legacy? What happened to the benefit of the doubt? Innocent until proven guilty? What happened to the American way of thinking? Who are these people anyway? A bunch of Nazis?

Yeah, I resign from the site as an attempt to calm them down, and they still continue to rail against me when I cannot defend myself. VERY disappointing behavior for adults. Sandbox bullshite!

Thanks for the support, Wiggy!

I have a 1963 bug. Your 1951 sounds tits!

Thanks Eric,

I had an awesomely original 57 356 Coupe and tried to get involved with the Registry. I totally got turned off the entire Porsche scene after getting completely censored from expressing a point of view, which was my right as a member. Oh well. Let them be - you're better off, trust me.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Wiggy, I have battled the art world for over 45 years and won, but only recently. Compared to the art world the Registry are overweight pig-eyed school boys. I looked up a few of them online to see who and what they were.

Do you still have the 1957 coupe? I think you know my first car in 1975 was a 1956 1600S coupe. Certainly FAR from original. Have you been to my 356 blog? http://quantumrun356.com/

I will put up a run-by movie of my 356 in action. Wait until you hear it! Oddly, I began to cry. I have waited so long to be able to honor my father and our legacy. 40 years was a long wait.

A good friend of mine sold some of the rarest original 356 Carreras for the same reason you backed away. Why does Porsche attract such assholes now? Weird.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Eric, maybe I'm not looking in the right places but all I could find was people trying to help by answering your inquiries on the Registry site regarding an oil filter housing among other things. So help me out by pointing out where these "doubters" are. I honestly missed it somehow.
Thanks and regards,
Jon
MoPor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

I think you're trying to hard Eric. What does it matter if a bunch of strangers believe your or not? Why do you need them to believe you? Its your memories and not theirs.

'58 356A coupe
'00 Boxster S
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Jon, hello from Maine. The really offense Registry thread was removed, but this should give you a sense: http://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?...dc142d139a

But I've made my point and have moved on. Check out this to see my car driving, and driving is for me the key. I never have and never will enter a 356 in a car show. Just not me. http://quantumrun356.com/
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Eric Marshall Green wrote:
Jon, hello from Maine. The really offense Registry thread was removed, but this should give you a sense: http://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?...dc142d139a

But I've made my point and have moved on. Check out this to see my car driving, and driving is for me the key. I never have and never will enter a 356 in a car show. Just not me. http://quantumrun356.com/

OK, I can see what happened. Enjoy your car, it does look nice.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Its hard to relay sarcasm, body language and or friendly banter through a keyboard for sure. I cant tell you how many times I got to a point in an internet conversation that ended in me saying "hey lets meet up so you can say that to my face". Laughing

Over the years Ive learned as we all do that #1 - people are assholes. #2 - people want to help, but read rule #1. Wink

On any site, in any forum an outside different train of thought is always attacked by the greater consensus of how things ought to be. Human nature I suppose for the most part, but pretty consistent and true. Most times its based around what the group thinks is cool and what is driven by monetary value.

I love your blog. Im going to make a point later and read it all. Putting ones story down s good for the soul as well as keep you sane. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Im reading that your dads car was a 52, but the article above says 56? Im not understanding?

Post away as lots of VW folk are indifferent. We drove weird before it was cool.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Notchback, THANK YOU!

My first 356 in 1975 was a 1956 coupe.

My father's first Porsche in 1952 was a 1952 coupe.

Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

How can I find out how many 356s were painted silver fish grey in May of 1952?
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

I read through the 356 Registry thread.

It appears to me that it was pretty well established that 11560 was not the car you described as being your fathers.
You agreed that it was unlikely that it was the car you were looking for.
I'm a little confused as to why you would come on to a different forum looking for that car when you now know that 11560 was not your fathers car?

Would it not be more productive to start fresh and try to find the VIN of his car?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

But it turns out, it is my father's vin number! That I now know with certainty. So, why did everyone tell me it wasn't? And why did they attempt to convince me so intensely that it wasn't? I think I know. When I have more proof, I will let the public know in the documentary. Should create quite the ripple effect!

And what made you think it was well established that it wasn't my father's 356?

Wiggy! Looked at your two early bugs and also your Ghia with white walls. LOVE all three cars. You and I have the same taste in color combinations. Cheers!
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

Best of luck in your search.

If the car stayed in Canada, or in the rust belt of the US, it is most unlikely that it still exists.
As I'm sure you are aware, they would rust out quickly and horribly and be recycled into Hondas or tuna cans before they were a decade old.

One never knows though....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Marshall Green
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

My dad traded it for a VW bug in 1960. The camshaft timing gear sheered. He found out the cam had been custom ground for him and could not be replaced. The 356 went to northern Quebec as an ice racer with a VW engine. A sad end to a glorious car. Gone? VERY likely.

But you did not answer my very important question.

And my search is over. The vin number is my father's car. I have certain friends as well.

Have you been on quantumrun356.com to watch the six videos of the 356 I build for the memory of my father? Listen to that sound!
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Information on My Father's 1952 356 Reply with quote

pardon my candor, but Eric comes off as an arrogant prick (with a chip on his shoulder the size of a railroad tie) in that 356 thread.
And all the questions posed by him to somehow validate how much he knows (not to mention WHO he knows) has my eyes nearly rolling out of their sockets.
I see why he drives the vert, his friggin head wouldn't fit inside of a sedan. Wink

mind you, this all might be tongue-in-cheek blathering to align with his online persona, so don't take my opinion to heart. I'm just a rube

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: