Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Tbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

I have one from an 1987 GL that I think that I can scan and send to your e-mail. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I will try to get it to you. I am not that computer skilled, so that's why I said "try".
1985 Westfalia, stock!
1986 Westfakia, Audi I-4 conversion
A couple of trucks and a couple of Jeeps
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Im the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner had it since 1995.
This is a neat project.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Thanks elizer !

Who else is looking through their Vanagon papers box now, saying "I'm sure it's here somewhere." ?

Thanks for helping!

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Texxxxx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Thanks Texxxxx !

You're a hero.

Window stickers so far:
1980 0
1981 0
1982 0
1983 0
1984 4
1985 0
1986 1
1987 4
1988 0
1989 1
1990 3
1991 2

Who's the next window sticker hero?

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tully Mars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

This is from my 1984 Westfalia GL Wolfsburg Edition.
Very very faded... but I think you can read most of the info.
CA Emissions
MPG is 19
Bottom Line sticker price: $17,370.00

_______
84 Wolfsburg Westfalia
Hobie Cow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Thanks Trully Mars! Appreciate it.

With some photoshop work on the lighting, I was able to make it more readable. Should eventually make it's was on to the new website, but for now it's pricing data has been added into my list.

Who else can send me their Vanagon's New Car Window Sticker?

My latest scanning guidelines:

For best results:
1. Scan the entire document. Even past the edges is OK since I can easily crop it, but having any part cut off in the scan is trouble.
2. Scan it at at least 300DPI. 400 to 600 would be better.
3. Make sure you're careful about lining up ONE EDGE on the scanner and use the SAME EDGE for both scans. Rotating a scan even slightly to match the other is very problematic when trying to stitch the two scans back together.
4. OK to have any amount of overlap between the 2 portions of the scan, but please be certain not to leave any gap.
5. A JPG (or other photo file type ) is best but I can deal with most others as well.
6. Please don't redact the VIN. I can't see why this is a concern, but if you must...

The best images will make it on the website, but I also need DATA from window stickers with less than great images. If you can take your best photo from a digital camera or phone and send that, it will also be appreciated.

Send large images directly to my email at [email protected]

Thanks Vanagon Community for helping in this effort!

Jim Davis

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

There are a couple on Ebay, one's really inexpensive and the other is definitely not:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sac...5573.m1684

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

elizer wrote:
Im the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner had it since 1995.
This is a neat project.

That's $50,790 in 2017 dollars. Does that mean they haven't really appreciated? Surprised
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Gauche1968 wrote:

That's $50,790 in 2017 dollars. Does that mean they haven't really appreciated? Surprised

Depends on what your basis is. Mine has certainly appreciated since I bought it ten years ago...

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Everything was no charge... then bam $28,260. Bait and switch!
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
Gauche1968 wrote:

Depends on what your basis is. Mine has certainly appreciated since I bought it ten years ago...

Right, but I guess if you bought a Syncro Westfalia in 1991, your investment hasn't outpaced inflation much, especially if you factor in maintenance, repairs, upgrades, etc. Or am I wrong? Of course, most people don't buy a car as an investment and count on it actually depreciating. Someone who knows about these things, please educate me. Question
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

elizer wrote:

Even the Fahrvergnugen was free.

I bought a Jetta in 1992 and I vaguely remember the salesperson lamenting the few remaining Vanagons on the lot as they waited for the Eurovan's arrival.
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Gauche1968 wrote:
dobryan wrote:
Gauche1968 wrote:

Right, but I guess if you bought a Syncro Westfalia in 1991, your investment hasn't outpaced inflation much, especially if you factor in maintenance, repairs, upgrades, etc. Or am I wrong? Of course, most people don't buy a car as an investment and count on it actually depreciating. Someone who knows about these things, please educate me. Question

While it sounds disappointing that a 1991 Syncro investment has only "matched" inflation, consider that 95% of all other $30K vehicles purchased in that year are nearly worthless today.
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

drj434343 wrote:
Gauche1968 wrote:
dobryan wrote:
Gauche1968 wrote:

While it sounds disappointing that a 1991 Syncro investment has only "matched" inflation, consider that 95% of all other $30K vehicles purchased in that year are nearly worthless today.

Of course. Not disappointing at all in that context. What year approximately did they start appreciating?
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

elizer wrote:

Well when you start at $27,000+ and all the no charge items are neccesities. Like an engine...... just a stupid list of "no charge" items.......

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
There are a couple on Ebay, one's really inexpensive and the other is definitely not:

Joe,

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that as a source. I got the data from the photos in the ad you linked.

I could not find another. Other one?

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:
joetiger wrote:

Joe,

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that as a source. I got the data from the photos in the ad you linked.

I could not find another. Other one?

Jim

Hi Jim, now that I look at it, the cheaper of the two ads states that they have a window sticker as part of the sale, but the pictures only show a warranty book. Odd.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
silversync
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

Well, I dug through the old papers and found one. This is a 1989 Blue Star that we bought new and was our family car for 10 years, heck the kids were raised in it.

And then disaster struck. My wife used it to take the kids to school, and then for months my kids would come home saying: "Hey Dad, all the other kids have Suburbans and Expeditions, and they are calling us Hippies". I lost my strength and got them an Expedition -- oh my! sorry guys, what a mistake. We went from one of the best vehicles ever made to one of the worst -- I hated that Expedition and won't ever buy another Ford product.

And so, the Vanagon went to the side of the house -- and sat there for a year, until I figured the tax deduction for the "full value" was worth more than trying to sell or repair it. But I saved the paperwork, and thus still have the sticker. What a blunder, I could have had our original Blue Star. If anyone knows where this Vanagon is I'd be real interested in getting it back.

The 2 images below are the best scan possible (with low res for the forum). I also emailed the 2 files as high res 600 DPI.

We now have an 89 Syncro since 2005 and will maintain and continue to love it, until I can get an acre of land in West Texas and they can dig a hole and bury me in the Syncro.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon New Car Window Stickers, PLEASE Reply with quote

silversync wrote:
Well, I dug through the old papers and found one. This is a 1989 Blue Star that we bought new and was our family car for 10 years, ...<clip>
The 2 images below are the best scan possible (with low res for the forum). I also emailed the 2 files as high res 600 DPI.

Thanks so much silversync! You're a hero. Got the images in email too.

Window stickers so far:
Hey, this is like the "medal count" at the Olympics!
So far it's tied between Team 1984 and Team 1987!
1980 0
1981 0
1982 0
1983 0
1984 5
1985 0
1986 1
1987 5
1988 0
1989 2
1990 3
1991 2

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: