Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GeoffW - [email protected] - Geoff Wattiker
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: GeoffW
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 28, 2007
matt13421342
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: GeoffW - [email protected] - Geoff Wattiker Reply with quote

Do NOT buy a car from Geoff Wattiker.

Geoff Wattiker is already known on Pelican for the large number of complaints that have been raised by unhappy people who have dealt with him. Now I have to add myself to the list. I purchased a 911 from him and took delivery today. I had numerous conversations with him about rust, then when the car arrived there was not a single panel on the car that didn't have a rust HOLE in it!

Search Pelican for WATTIKER to see what others have said. I wish I had done this before I wired him payment for this horrific car he sent me. He puts lies over lies so fast that he can't even keep up with what he told me last.

I would NEVER buy anything else from him and strongly urge you to do the same regardless of what promises you receive or what description you are given.

GeoffW also.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303118

Ad text:
1971 Porsche 911T Targa Price: $3300

1971 911T Targa project, Very restorable but has some of the ususal ealry car rust, the front suspension pan looks pretty good but the rear floor pan is shot. Original drivetrain with Zenith carbs, I havent even tried to start it but the previous owner stated that the car ran well when it was taken off the road a few years back.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GeoffW
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt.....Deep Breaths, its gonna be ok.

A few things first, the add for the 71T Targa. ($3300)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=463439

I listed this 911 for sale here in the samba, it was sold as a non-running project with "shot" floor pans. Matt Wright calls me shortly after the add was placed wanting to purchase the car. Fine, by his own admission, I warned him about a rust through hole on the front fender and various other bubbling in the paint on the car. As well as the ample warning in the add with regards to the pans.

"and he mentioned the pans and some "bubbles."

(BTW, Matt....what do you think is under paint bubbles?)

Matt, had no problem with this and expoused how he was "excited to have a new project". I had to make a trip north in the folowing days and offered to bring the car as far as I was going for him, I did. Matt was unable to pick the car up the day I was going so a local shop owner let me park the car out front untill he could pick it up. Fast forward to a week later, I get an angry phone call from Matt about how his client dosent want the car. (but what about your new toy, Matt???)

The bottom line is simple, Matt was trying to flip the car. Thats fine with me but due to the fact that his client decided that he did not like the car Matt demanded $1000 back.
In good faith, I offered $500, an offer that has since been rescinded due to Matts flagrant misrepresentations about me. I stand by my add and description of the car as would any reasonable person. I reiterate my position to Matt.....you attacks will accomplish nothing. -Geoff
hoghead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been ripped off to the tune of 2000 by Geoff Wattaker on a Suby engine, KEP adapter, and clutch

The engine was a POS and incomplete, clutch was not new 915, but a rusty 901 and missing the TO bearing, and KEP was for a 901 not 915 box.

Wattaker has spun a sorrid tale of deception and lies throughout the entire process.

DO NOT deal with this person
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: GeoffW - [email protected] - Geoff Wattiker Reply with quote

He's back and under;

Classic Rescue
Dallas Texas

Ebay id very similar.

But using 'wattikar' instead of wattiker. Had a run in with him and refused to sell him a car (on a local Kijiji site, not here) after I googled his name. I know I don't have the best rep but this is more grief than I needed.

He's banned on Pelican, can't even type in his name, just putting this here as I don't want any blowback or stories later.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: