Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

6V Voltage Regulators
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdk57Vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

Are there any shops repairing the 6V voltage regulators? In So Cal would be ideal, but I'd appreciate any leads anywhere. Thanks for any help.
Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

I had RickC restore the 6v generator and regulator for my 58 Ghia. Here is one of his ads here on the Samba:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1269040

Here are some before and after photos of the work he did:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

Rick does great work and will work with you on whatever need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sdk57Vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

THANKS for the great and speedy replies. Will get with Rick C asap. That's a super help. Steve
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

Rick and his technicians' work looks so good that the rest of your engine will look like crap once you install this. Simply beautiful! Plus Rick is the nicest guy EVER! I believe that they generally install solid state modern regulator "guts" inside the stock-looking regulator, at least my 25hp era generator/"D" regulator has modern internals... I suspect you can option either way.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 6V Voltage Regulators Reply with quote

You can ask for either option, Rick steered me towards stock internals

Good luck with the repair!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: