Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 34 razor trim..
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWSTORECHICK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the trim on the" a" pillar and around the top of the windows is used on any other vw? or is it razor specific? mine is shot since someone cut off the roof and cut right thru it... I want the roof on!!##People with their crazy ideas... haha. any help with locating this stuff appreciated!Thx Dennis 64 t34 s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

It is Type34 specific, all of the trim is.

I would post an ad here and on the type 34 specific websites / facebook, etc
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
It is Type34 specific, all of the trim is.

I would post an ad here and on the type 34 specific websites / facebook, etc

The outer trim is T-34 specific. However the trim that actually holds the seal in place IS shared with a regular KG. I got mine thru Air Head Parts/Karmann Ghia Parts and Restorations and ordered 4 pieces of that part, but had them NOT cut them in half (gives you 2 long pieces). This allows you to do from the front door edge all the way to the end of the rear window in 1 piece, then use the left over part for the base of the rear pop out window. I might have some pics in my "Wolfie" build thread of it in my signature.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
VWSTORECHICK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

Very Happy Awesome!! Thanks! that saves me a lot of headaches.. I will order some soon.... The next question is how about the rain gutter trim?When they sandblasted the poor car they also sandblasted the trim and destroyed those pieces also.Any ideas on those??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

VWSTORECHICK wrote:
Very Happy Awesome!! Thanks! that saves me a lot of headaches.. I will order some soon.... The next question is how about the rain gutter trim?When they sandblasted the poor car they also sandblasted the trim and destroyed those pieces also.Any ideas on those??

T-34 only. You could try putting up a WTB in the classifieds and even on T-34 World. The biggest problem with replacing it, is that you almost have to destroy the trim to get it off. Try contacting Pedro and see what he does, as he's currently working on his 3rd T-34.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
gregson1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

The drip rail trim and the lower door panel trim are the two most difficult pieces of trim to source on Type 34s. Join the Type 34 World Facebook site and make your requests out there. Carsten Klein in Germany sometimes has this stuff on hand and he's a great resource for the Type 34. There are a lot of good people out there.

If your gutter trims are still on the car, don't necessarily give up on them! if they aren't way too badly blasted then it's possible that a professional might be able to work wonders and clean them up.

I easily removed these from two roofs and had them refinished. I waited until after the side windows, rubber trim and aluminum rubber trim holders were all removed. Then, from inside the car, I used a flat piece of wood about 1" wide and a light hammer to SLOWLY and GENTLY tap along the bottom edge of the trim to drive this trim edge directly away from the car. You don't need to remove it in one pass. I started in the middle, working all along the bottom of the trim, and then moved towards the ends. The idea is to get the trim to hinge outward and off the bottom edge of the drip rails just a little to break loose any adhesive or dirt that might also be holding the trim in place. Once loosened a little, I just used my hands gently twist the trim a little to slowly lift it up and off the drip rails.

I sent the pieces off to be polished and re-anodized and they look like new. I tested fit them and am sure they will go back into place perfectly. I do plan to use some adhesive, but will also use a couple of pieces of wood to slightly pinch the top and bottom of the trim together, like originally done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

how long are those gutter trims? I have some but don't know if they are leftovers or for something else
gregson1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Type 34 razor trim.. Reply with quote

Roughly 34 3/4"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: