Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deflector and Mexican registration
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Deflector and Mexican registration Reply with quote

I have a 73 thing and some deflectors came with it that go in the engine compartment next to the louvers where the air comes in. What are they for and should I install them.
How to get Mexican beetle on a 73 floor pans that has had the TX title revoked registered and titled again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CraigInPA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

The metal plates you're talking about are rain shields. They fit inside the car and screw/bolt in place. If you don't have them, you'll get water in the engine compartment when the car is driving in the rain.
Captain Spalding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

ldj1002 wrote:
How to get Mexican beetle on a 73 floor pans that has had the TX title revoked registered and titled again.

I assume the issue is that you have a body and pans with different VINs. Perhaps you should investigate getting a "salvage" title.

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/salvaged-vehicles.php
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

Captain Spalding wrote:
ldj1002 wrote:

I assume the issue is that you have a body and pans with different VINs. Perhaps you should investigate getting a "salvage" title.

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/salvaged-vehicles.php

I was wanting to buy this but after asking several questions and for the VIN so I could check it out myself he as quit answering my questions. Sooo I am not going any farther.
Thanks for your suggestion,
Leo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected] Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

The deflectors also help guide air towards the top of the engine compartment thereby pushing more air towards the back of the generator fan.
This will assist in cooling the motor better.
CALL 518 630 0173
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

I’ve never heard or seen these deflectors, could someone post pics or a link on where to buy?
Thanks
[email protected] Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: deflector and mexican registeration Reply with quote

There only for use on 73 thing
Here’s one side
http://www.thingparts.com/vw-thing-right-water-deflector-73-only/
CALL 518 630 0173
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: