Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Get Barb and Elwood back on the road!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
aeromech wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
aeromech wrote:
I’ve been told before that I’m “anal retentive” so that could be both a fault and a strength of mine

welcome to my world...

as long as we can retain our anals we're good

Truer words have never been spoken here.

Says the guy who better hope he never winds up in lockdown

Why do I have to worry? Just ask Xevin, I always call big spoon.

When Stu calls “Big Spoon” it’s not a sexual thing! it’s not sexual! Hey Stu just got my order of Thin Mints and Samosa cookies Twisted Evil Laughing

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
aeromech wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
aeromech wrote:
I’ve been told before that I’m “anal retentive” so that could be both a fault and a strength of mine

welcome to my world...

Truer words have never been spoken here.

Says the guy who better hope he never winds up in lockdown

Why do I have to worry? Just ask Xevin, I always call big spoon.

When Stu calls “Big Spoon” it’s not a sexual thing! it’s not sexual! Hey Stu just got my order of Thin Mints and Samosa cookies Twisted Evil Laughing

Link

Thin mints! I’ll be over in about 10 minutes.

No, seriously. I just crossed into Oregon from Washington in my vanagon! I will literally be there in 10 minutes! I expect thin mints. Don’t let me down!

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:

welcome to my world...

That depends.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

Went back this evening to install the new roof rack clamps- thanks busdaddy for searching for those for me. I’m new here obviously 🙄

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

More pictures to come from my camera. Almost had to lift the rack myself too, but Barb’s landlord was HAPPY to help me lift the rack if it meant getting it out of her side yard... Laughing

Thanks to everyone that pitched in. I did the math myself, and after all th the donations and parts purchases, I’m out $8. So it couldn’t have worked out any better. Smile

More pictures to come. I pulled T1 spark plugs out of a misfiring T4 today, and will be getting greasy at Kent’s house tomorrow. 🤘
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

Sooo uhhh, yeah Robbie, thanks for posting those pics you promised…

Here's the only one I can find now…

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I went back today to bring Barb a box of wine and chat about Volkswagens and fate and life and aging and soul mates and window regulators.

Window regulators? Yeah, I was in my Jetta and had no tools, work clothes, or clue why the window lift channel was made by crap spot welds instead of one-piece metal construction.

I made this Instagram video for laughs, but I figured y'all can watch what happens when you find a Phase I tool kit under the back bench with a lazy day and nothing to do. Smile

Link

Barb was evacuated last month when fires threatened the entire town of Idyllwild, and Elwood performed without a hitch. It was the first time in almost a decade he made it all the way off the mountain (6000 feet) and he made it back up just as smoothly, though not as fast. The brakes feel excellent, the shifter is the smoothest VW bus shifter that ever did exist, and the sliding door fires open with aplomb. This bus has some serious mojo.

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
KentPS wrote:
It's good to see you in the forum again, Stuart.
Welcome back! Very Happy

Had research to do for two engine installs for customers and couldn’t think of a better source Wink

Call this guy; he’s got good rates:
www.airschooled.com

He’s persistent too. Once he is on a case, he doesn’t Leggo.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Get Barb and Elwood back on the road! Reply with quote

sounds like might be a good Eggo. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: