Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
California562
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

Currently, just have regular comprehensive policy w/ Liberty Mutual (haven't had to use it fortunately)and park in a garage (for now).. have put much $, mods, upgrades, time etc into my 87 Westy
Anyone have rec for fair insurance policy in southern CA?
Don't want the classic car BS since they don't even allow camping
and don't want Stated value since they can low ball you on that later..
just regular good policy or agreed value - where either will accept strong apprasial (or updated appraisals in the case of an Agree Value policy)?..

Another Q, wondering if anyone local (LA/OC area) knows a good/fair appraisal person who will appreciate all the mods, upgrades, accessories (or most at least)?

TIA..
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

Look into Progressive. Is this a daily. Or fun Van?

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

I'm in virginia, and have Geico. I read a thread on this a few weeks ago and it made me think, if I should increase my insurance. I only had liability. I told they agent I really wasent sure what the van was worth, he said he would look the value up. He came back and said they would insure it for $30,000. Im thinking to myself no way its worth that much, its a stock air cooled Westfalia.

Anyway, I asked how much would my policy go up for full coverage. $4.00 a month, 4 bucks! I went for it, so long story short You can try Geico.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

MichaelCampingInVA wrote:
I'm in virginia, and have Geico. I read a thread on this a few weeks ago and it made me think, if I should increase my insurance. I only had liability. I told they agent I really wasent sure what the van was worth, he said he would look the value up. He came back and said they would insure it for $30,000. Im thinking to myself no way its worth that much, its a stock air cooled Westfalia.

Anyway, I asked how much would my policy go up for full coverage. $4.00 a month, 4 bucks! I went for it, so long story short You can try Geico.

Read the text on the policy carefully. I'll bet there is a different approach to the assessed value than you might think. Your agents verbal statements won't hold much engine coolant in the event of a claim,let alone water.

Very Happy
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
MichaelCampingInVA wrote:

Read the text on the policy carefully. I'll bet there is a different approach to the assessed value than you might think. Your agents verbal statements won't hold much engine coolant in the event of a claim,let alone water.

Very Happy

I have the policy
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

Curious as to the actual language in the policy regarding the 30k.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
California562
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SoCal insurance & appraisal person recs? LA/OC area Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Look into Progressive. Is this a daily. Or fun Van?

I just use my rig for fun..

I'm thinking at least get the appraisal done for my regular policy.. but someone w/ references - fortunately another samba member has rec'd someone local which was really nice..
after i get my solar setup put in soon, will take to him and then re-assess if I add big items later..

thanks for the suggestions so far..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: