Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My new baby! Auction of fake 23-Window Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyCJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Do keep us updated if there’s any news
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

A friend at work mentioned this post to me.

... well this brings back a lot of old memories.

Very Happy

EDIT - really great forensic work by everybody, BTW.

Last edited by Meyer on Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Im guessing the attorneys he hired have informed him that posting here in a public forum wasn’t helping.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Im guessing the attorneys he hired have informed him that posting here in a public forum wasn’t helping.

Perhaps. Or maybe he got a big fat settlement, and there’s a non-disclosure agreement.
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Wow just read the whole thread ,and am glad to see real progress in bringing justice to the dishonest ones who just want to cash in on by selling an inferior and deceptive product. Best wishes in you're quest for getting you're money back and buying a REAL bus you CAN be proud to own and enjoy!! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Mecum obviously has no intention of stopping their game of auctioning off third world cobbled garbage as legitimate "23 Windows".

I can't determine if this started as a Brazilian 15 Window, is a Yumio's/Into The Wild/Indonesian half-handmade Frankenstein, or if it might have been built from a late Brazilian Bay/Corner Window abortion...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-326977/1959-volkswagen-23-window-bus/

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Yes, on the not helping by posting theory. No big settlement, still in process. Will not leave you guys hanging, once there is an outcome I will report it.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Mecum obviously has no intention of stopping their game of auctioning off third world cobbled garbage as legitimate "23 Windows".

I can't determine if this started as a Brazilian 15 Window, is a Yumio's/Into The Wild/Indonesian half-handmade Frankenstein, or if it might have been built from a late Brazilian Bay/Corner Window abortion...

Brendan check the last page of the whines lol
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Brendan check the last page of the whines lol

That's where I saw the mentioning of it, and figured it needed to be connected here to show a pattern of behavior on the part of Mecum Auctions.

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Here Joe, add this to your arsenal of evidence of Mecum's behavior.

Anybody with 2 eyes in their head and a first grade level of ability to look closely at details of old VW Buses can see the STRONG LIKELIHOOD that this most recent fraudulent auction Bus came from the Yumo's Fake Bus Factory in Indonesia.

EDIT, you can actually see the very same fake Turkis "1959 23 Window" from the recent Mecum auction in this Yumo's Instagram gallery at the link below...

https://www.instagram.com/yumosvw/?hl=en

PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Yep, this one. You can tell by the shape of the lower “v” on the nose and same poor trim fit that doesn’t follow the contour, same interior, steering wheel, same lack of heat tube, etc, etc. There is NOTHING 1959 about that Mecum bus, literally.

https://instagram.com/p/BRh-KJClSGo/

https://instagram.com/p/BRkaofAFpwR/

https://instagram.com/p/BRh-37pFGj9/

https://instagram.com/p/BRjy6P7FviG/
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Time to get ahold of the buyer of that latest fake 23, have your lawyer speak to them, share all of this information, and get yourself a nice little class action together against Mecum and anyone else trying to pass that turd off as anything legitimate.

BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

My guess is that the buyer may have wanted to have a look at this other Yumo's fake 23 that they could have bought for over $120,000 less than what they just paid, not including their buyer's premium...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2177979

ABQRoadRunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

I read thru this entire post last night and with each new post I was more and more grateful to have found my OG faded patina bus.

While I think buyer beware is always the case, I’ve been to innumerable antique auctions and the houses I frequent are the ones I know who do basic due diligence on anything the know is highly collectible and often faked. I find it hard to believe a basic cursory review by the auction house wouldn’t have surfaced these issues. Shame on Mecums as well as the dealer for their actions.
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Un-freaking real!!!!

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
Here Joe, add this to your arsenal of evidence of M Laughing ecum's behavior.

Anybody with 2 eyes in their head and a first grade level of ability to look closely at details of old VW Buses can see the STRONG LIKELIHOOD that this most recent fraudulent auction Bus came from the Yumo's Fake Bus Factory in Indonesia.

EDIT, you can actually see the very same fake Turkis "1959 23 Window" from the recent Mecum auction in this Yumo's Instagram gallery at the link below...

https://www.instagram.com/yumosvw/?hl=en
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

Update:

Mecum filed for dismissal of the case; courts shot them down. Case will be heard here in California. Score one for the good guys. Helps to have the best attorney on the case.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

nestbedding wrote:
Update:

Mecum filed for dismissal of the case; courts shot them down. Case will be heard here in California. Score one for the good guys. Helps to have the best attorney on the case.

"Helps to have the best attorney on the case.)
Perhaps the best advice on theSamba today?
Can you imagine an auction company covering its ass with preauction warning: "Be careful! any of these cars offered just might not be as new, but rather just a gold plated rusty turd constructed of more than one vehicle".
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

I think they should spend a bit of their money on a simple research team to do a search on each vehicle. Would save them a bit of money. Mecum tried to force us to sue them in Wisconsin even those the auction was in California. The Court didn’t agree. What blows me away is that all they had to do was simply unwind the deal, now they will be spending thousands in attorney bills in consumer-friendly California.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

nestbedding wrote:
Update:

Awesome!! Things just got expensive for Mecum (and their insurance company, who will have a say eventually ). You’d think Mecum would be putting the heat on the people that faked the bus, tampered the VIN, and used their auction to advance the deception. Instead, apparently Mecum is going to attack the victim ? Speaks volumes. And as evidenced here recently, they’re pushing more fake Deluxes through....unreal.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: My new baby! Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
My guess is that the buyer may have wanted to have a look at this other Yumo's fake 23 that they could have bought for over $120,000 less than what they just paid, not including their buyer's premium...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2177979

BTW, apparently Yumo is very upfront telling what he does and actually markets them as replicas.
I gotta say, I'm pretty chuffed about his Porsche- Abarth replica. Somebody has some metal forming skill.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 28 of 34

Jump to: